- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
Performs assembly, startup, diagnostic, repair and preventive maintenance work as directed by the District Service Manager / Region Director on Company manufactured, as well as third party manufactured equipment.
· Perform pre-site, startup, repair, preventive maintenance and field modification on Company manufactured equipment
as assigned by the Customer Care Center.
· Provides site supervision to other FSE’s on assigned projects.
· Complete all administrative responsibilities on all work activities including field service reports, expense reports,
preventive maintenance and startup data sheets and daily time card completion.
· Provide telephone support for customers and Field Service Associates.
· Work with customers, electricians, sales partners, technical support, DSM and RSD to resolve escalated issues.
· Must operate within all Company published guidelines.
· Demonstrate positive customer relationship building and management skills.
· Satisfactorily complete assigned product and customer relation skills training courses.
· Customer familiarization and Operator Training Class presentations.
· On the job training of Field Service Associates.
· Conducts training seminars for Field Service Associates and or approved Service Partners.
· Performs site visits with Service Partners, evaluates technical and professional performance.
· Assists Field Project Manager on larger system startups, will assume some project management responsibilities as required.
· Will act on behalf of the District Service Manager to resolve operational issues as required.
· Other duties as assigned by the District Service Manager and or Regional Service Director
This job might be for you if:
· Associate degree preferred or similar experience in electronics, electrical theory or similar discipline desirable and or
military training equivalent.
· 2-4 years of field service repair and customer service with UPS, electrical, electro-mechanical or electronics related equipment required. Minimum 2-3 years’ experience as a Field Service Engineer or equivalent industry experience.
Must be proficient at 3 phase multi module systems as required by the local District Service Manager.
· Computer literacy with standard business applications.
· Complete competence at utilizing test and diagnostic equipment such as oscilloscope, digital voltmeter, AC clamp
meter, load banks and other electronic test devices.
· Superior customer relations and interaction skills.
· Fully adept at reading and interpreting schematics, drawings and theory of operation manuals.
· Thorough understanding of principles of AC and DC power, various AC and DC supply circuit components.
· Driving and safe vehicle operation skills.
· Characteristics include self-starter, team player, punctual, personal and professional integrity, trainable, problem
solver, organized, professional appearance, flexible, customer oriented and safety oriented.
· Capable of reciting and displaying appropriate safety techniques and practices associated with job requirements.
· Ability to write business reports, correspondence, procedures, effectively present information and respond to
· Handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
· Must be able to stand, walk, and sit for extended periods of time. Must be agile and mobile with respect to finger,
hand, arm and leg movement.
· Must be able to communicate (speak and hear) effectively to various intellectual levels.
· Must be able to lift and carry heavy objects up to 50 pounds.
· Must be able to see and focus clearly up close as well as short distances
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate.
About the company
Schneider Electric SE is a European multinational corporation that specializes in electricity distribution, automation management and produces installation components for energy management. It is headquartered in Rueil-Malmaison, France and is also based at the World Trade Center of Grenoble.
Schneider Electric is the global specialist in energy management and automation.
Schneider Electric develops technologies and solutions to make energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green. The Group invests in R&D in order to sustain innovation and differentiation, with a strong commitment to sustainable development.