- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- UNITED STATES - ILLINOIS - ABBOTT PARK
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
JOB DESCRIPTION:Main Responsibilities:
- Particularly skilled in quantitative analysis and data management
- Utilize technologies to collect, clean, analyze, predict, and effectively communicate information
- Able to examine relevant data and quickly develop an analysis plan that will answer key business questions and create value for the client
- Understanding of machine learning algorithms and advanced statistics such as: regression, time-series forecasting, clustering, decision trees, exploratory data analysis methodology, simulation, scenario analysis, modeling, optimization, unstructured data analysis, and neural networks
- Works with stakeholders to define business questions, requirements, timelines, objectives, and success criteria to address need
- Analyze data, draw insights, and present results in a cohesive, intuitive, and simplistic manner to the client
- Work closely with the business to understand the domain and iteratively refine analyses
Supervisory / Management Responsibility:
- Able to train and develop junior data scientists and provide technical/analytical guidance when needed
- Moves own work forward with limited direction through use of frameworks and structure
- Helps to scope studies – timeline, expected outcomes, resources, etc.
- Proactive thinking and ideation to facilitate ongoing, open dialogue where information and ideas are shared to generate solutions
Position Accountability/ Scope:
- Proactively contributes to multiple projects to support the solution design process and delivers the analytical models and algorithms to achieve business value
- Relevant skills include applied mathematics, statistics, calculus, quantitative or statistical methods or techniques, data mining, informatics, machine learning, data science, programming, computational algorithms, information retrieval (i.e. organizing, structuring data), working with databases or data structures, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, Bayesian inference, Markov logic, software engineering and/or systems design analysis
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Data Analytics or similar discipline including Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, or Engineering is preferred. Prior experience in life sciences or healthcare preferred. Minimum of 2-4 years’ work-related experience. Intermediate programming experience (e.g. Python, R, Java, Scala, C++ in Linux/Unix and/or equivalent). Working experience with database applications in addition to understanding operational or strategic systems and/or building tools.
Advanced degree (MS or PhD) in Life or Physical Science, Computer Science, Industrial Engineering, Bioengineering, Biomedical Engineering or closely related discipline is preferred. Experience in applying data analysis techniques to a large set of data using big data systems such as Hadoop, Spark and using cloud infrastructure (e.g. AWS). Work experience in creating and implementing machine learning algorithms and advanced statistics such as: regression, time-series forecasting, clustering, decision trees, exploratory data analysis methodology, simulation, scenario analysis, modeling, optimization, unstructured data analysis, and neural networks. Experience in model evaluation, in both technical and business terms.
JOB FAMILY:Research and Discovery
LOCATION:United States Abbott Park : AP20 Floor-4
TRAVEL:Yes, 25 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf
About the company
At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and www.facebook.com/AbbottCareers, on Instagram @AbbottGlobal, and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
We invite you to explore opportunities at Abbott, to see if your talents and career aspirations may fit with our openings. An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.