- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Salt Lake City
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
We're a team of specialists charged with managing the firm’s liquidity, capital and risk, and providing the overall financial control and reporting functions. Whether assessing the creditworthiness of the firm’s counterparties, monitoring market risks associated with trading activities, or offering analytical and regulatory compliance support, our work contributes directly to the firm’s success. The division is ideal for collaborative individuals who have strong ethics and attention to detail.
Controllers ensure that the Firm meets all the financial control and reporting obligations of a global, regulated and public financial institution. Controllers also ensure that the Firm's activities are conducted in compliance with the regulations governing transactions in the financial markets. Funding Controllers are specifically responsible for reporting profit & loss and balance sheet for a subset of the firm’s secured and unsecured financing activities. Additionally, Funding Controllers analyze and report the firmwide balance sheet and net interest P&L, as well as various liquidity metrics.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Responsibilities and Qualifications
- Report daily P&L and balance sheet for firm funding, GS Bank, and Prime Services
- Report daily firmwide estimated balance sheet, including divisional and entity attribution
- Perform on-going price verification procedures to ensure appropriate valuation of firm inventory
- Liaise cross-divisionally on key firmwide initiatives impacting funding
- Accounting, Economics or Finance degree preferred, but not required
- CPA, or CFA preferred, but not required
- Strong quantitative, analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; the ability to clearly articulate ideas
- The ability to work on a global team of diverse individuals
- Proactive; the ability to respond creatively and quickly in a fast-paced, high-pressure, changing environment
- Accurate and detail-oriented with sound judgment and integrity
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.