- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Jersey City
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Opportunity: To work for a leading financial services organization’s in-house tax department.
Summary: The individual will work in the Indirect Tax (non-income tax) group.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Review sales, property, and other excise tax returns for a number of the Firm's entities
- Interact with other groups (i.e. – Commodities Operations, Corporate Real Estate and Accounting Services) to obtain information required to properly prepare returns
- Assist with audits
- Review state registration forms
- Review state refund claims
- Prepare written responses to state notices and correspond with state representatives
- Research various tax topics
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or related field required, Advanced degree and/or CPA a plus.
- Five to ten years experience
- Indirect tax experience a plus. Big four and/or commodities experience a plus.
- Strong analytical skills and highly detail-oriented.
- Strong computer skills overall; proficient with MS Excel and Word.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Enjoys working in a team-oriented environment.
- Able to handle multiple tasks and prioritize accordingly
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.