- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Lake Forest
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
The Finance Manager of Latin America and Canada provides financial support to the Area Finance Director, Controller, VP and Commercial Team in the assessment of new business opportunities, Commercial planning and management reporting.
The finance manager partners with cross-functional teams (Area Finance, Marketing, and Commercial Excellence), providing financial analysis, reports and complex financial models to support diverse business cases utilized by senior management in decision making.
PRIMARY JOB SCOPE:
The Finance Manager, Latin America and Canada is responsible for a wide range of financial disciplines. This role interacts with the Area DVP, Country General Managers, as well as the Area Commercial and Finance Teams and will need to focus on understanding the product offerings, local business dynamics, as well as establishing efficient processes and tools to effectively analyze and support new business opportunities. This role is also responsible for providing finance support for Alinity (all platforms, as well as sales reporting), Commercial Excellence/Commercial Management Review, pipeline analytics, deal analysis and sales target development and communications.
- Provide financial support to assess all new deals requiring area approval.
- Alinity finance support for all platforms, including sales reporting by product type, unit, TOR tracking, RAP/CAP tracking.
- Commercial Excellence & Commercial Management Review support lead, including pipeline support and analytics.
- Sales target consolidation, including template development/maintenance, country deployment and reporting.
- Liaison with the Pricing Team, Area Finance lead on Margin improvement project tracking, savings validation, consolidation, and management reporting.
- Lead on Area projects as defined by leadership team and in coordination with country teams.
- Support Area DVP, Finance Director and Controller in development and maintenance of senior management reporting packages.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Main responsibilities include:
- Financial expertise in evaluating and identifying the key issues and gaps in business performance and emerging business needs, deliver analyses that provide a foundation for management understanding and action.
- Develop metrics and reports for monthly review with management to understand and address performance as well as cost and spending drivers.
- Provide business decision support as required, including meaningful, value-added profitability analyses for new product concepts, new product launches, promotional programs, instrument placements, major customer, distribution channels, countries, Areas, and/or product lines to influence and counsel management in developing business and pricing strategies.
- Develop flexible, comprehensive tools to support commercial program proposals focused on ROI and fully burdened margin profitability to support various business needs, including training to improve the financial understanding of the key nonfinancial commercial management & staff.
- Maintain and develop system solutions and process improvements that meet the needs of the financial planning & reporting requirements.
- Ensure appropriate integrity and reasonableness of financial data as well as compliance with Corporate & Division financial policies and procedures.
- Responsible for adherence to Abbott accounting policies and procedures (CFMs) and Sarbanes Oxley requirements.
MINIMUM & PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum 5 years finance and supervisory experience (FP&A, Cost/General Accounting and Financial Reporting)
- Ability to plan, implement and administer financial information and control systems
- Knowledge of the principles, processes and standards for integrated financial analysis and reporting
- Ability to lead and influence global cross-functional project teams
Bachelors Degree (+ 10 years) in Accounting, Finance or Economics or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
FYI: This is a pipeline req for opening coming in the next couple weeks. (G17 or G18)
Financial Planning and Analysis
United States Lake Forest : CP01 Floor-1
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf
- ms project
About the company
At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and www.facebook.com/AbbottCareers, on Instagram @AbbottGlobal, and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
We invite you to explore opportunities at Abbott, to see if your talents and career aspirations may fit with our openings. An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.