- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
What you’ll be doing...
The Finance Organization
At Verizon, we are building a world-class Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) organization. We have begun a comprehensive program to streamline processes, enhance systems, realign the organization and add opportunities for personal skill-building and professional growth. We’re finding new ways to add value and provide strategic support. This is the kind of work we do. We want to build leading FP&A practices within Verizon, setting the stage to become the place any FP&A professional wants to work. You can become a catalyst for change.
FP&A Finance Business Unit Team
This Finance Manager position will provide support for all functions of the South Area finance and sales channel organizations with timely reporting, analysis, and recommendations to achieve desired business objectives and drive customer and revenue growth.
- Support our South Area sales channel leadership team by maintaining our daily, weekly, monthly reporting and distribution functions, including; daily flash, channel scorecards, pricing, promotional, or weather-related impact tracking, and other comparative KPI reporting.
- Assist in the creation of and provide back-up for executive-level PowerPoint presentations for area operations reviews, channel reviews, town halls, and kick-off meetings.
- Collaborate with the sales operations organization to support local promotions, design financial business cases with growth and cost sensitivities, and produce presentation-quality post-mortem analysis for all approved programs.
- Utilize either Tableau or Qlik software to design and implement dashboards and daily automated distribution processes. Manage the daily automated data loading processes utilizing a remote server.
- Review trended historical performance to assign territory-level targets for any revenue-driving volumes and strategic KPIs; create and distribute reporting comparing these targets with actual results highlighting the top and bottom performers.
- Represent the South Area finance team on conference calls with the VZBI, PEAK, and PMC organizations, along with the other area channel analysis teams to provide guidance on business needs, assist in the development or changing of new metrics, and testing new SQL for system alignment.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Mathematics or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel and PowerPoint.
Even better if you have:
- A Master’s degree in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting.
- Knowledge of wireless industry trends and key business drivers.
- Experience with reporting design, dashboard creation, market/segmentation analytics, financial analysis, or financial modeling.
- Experience using Teradata SQL ad hoc querying and data manipulation skills combined with knowledge of data warehouse views and familiarity with distribution channel structure and employee hierarchy.
- Experience in Microsoft Excel, including advanced data look-up formulas, pivot tables, visual basic, power query, and cube utilization.
- Experience with Tableau or Qlik dashboard design, maintenance, and distribution processes.
- Knowledge of data loading automation processes using BTEQ and Powershell via a remote server.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to accurately and creatively summarize analysis, provide relevant points for executive presentations, and communicate effectively with all levels of management.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.