- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Eastman is a global specialty materials company that produces a broad range of products found in items people use every day. With the purpose of enhancing the quality of life in a material way, Eastman works with customers to deliver innovative products and solutions while maintaining a commitment to safety and sustainability. The company’s innovation-driven growth model takes advantage of world-class technology platforms, deep customer engagement, and differentiated application development to grow its leading positions in attractive end-markets such as transportation, building and construction, and consumables. As a globally inclusive and diverse company, Eastman employs approximately 14,500 people around the world and serves customers in more than 100 countries. The company had 2018 revenues of approximately $10 billion and is headquartered in Kingsport, Tennessee, USA. For more information, visitwww.eastman.com.
- Individual financial analyst assigned within Business Finance or Corporate Analysis in direct support of large and complex business units and associated business leadership teams
- Applies best practices in providing decision support through intermediate financial modeling and analysis of scenarios, alternatives, capital investments, cost savings, and other projects.
- Provides guidance and deliverables in support of corporate rolling forecast, annual cost planning, and strategy quantification
- Contributes towards execution of corporate and divisional processes
- Undertakes financial analyses which may involve growth strategies, new product platforms, optimization of manufacturing operations, pricing strategies, plant expansion alternatives, and other business scenarios.
- Partners with a broader range of individuals including business unit leadership teams and cross functional peers to aid decision support and tactical execution
- Prepares profitability studies for specific business areas within the company, and participates in operational planning.
- Participates actively as a member of teams/task forces appointed to study and resolve specific decision situations; may serve as leader of such a group.
- Identifies areas for cost reduction/profit improvement, and makes recommendations regarding methods of achievement.
- Identifies and implements productivity improvements for own area. Shares practices and collaborates with peer analysts.
- Completes deliverables required in support of the 24 month rolling forecast, the annual cost structure plan, and the corporate strategy quantification.
- Delivers the analysis package for monthly, quarterly business reporting
FUNCTIONAL SKILLS AND CAPABILITIES:
- Foundational accounting
- Working knowledge of key systems/tools (SAP, BICL, ALPS, IDM, Excel, etc.)
- Discounted cash flow modeling and other analysis techniques
- Synthesizes inputs into clear recommendations and defensible positions
- Strong project leadership, facilitation, and advisory capacity
- Ability to develop trust-based relationships
- Strong presentation skills explaining difficult and sensitive information
- Strong problem-solving skills
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Accounting/Finance degree and/or MBA required
- 3-5 years of financial analysis experience required
- 2 years of project finance experience desired
Eastman Chemical Company is an equal opportunity employer.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Eastman is committed to creating a powerfully diverse workforce and a broadly inclusive workplace, where everyone can contribute to their fullest potential each day.