- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Job Location: Job Location: United States : Florida : Tampa
Role Value Proposition:
The associate will support global users of MetLife Finance systems. Our team manages incidents, service requests, maintenance processes and control activities for MetLife’s major finance systems. This associate may be tasked with leading individual enhancements and initiatives, as well as participate in larger enhancements in an effort to continually improve the efficiency and controls within the systems supported.
- Provides subject matter expertise for MetLife’s Finance systems in support of Finance users and processes.
- Uses established Metlife/ITIL processes in support of incident resolution and request fulfillment.
- Analyzes and resolves basic to complex accounting system issues in support of the financial close.
- Processes system maintenance requests for the general ledger and other finance systems.
- Work on small enhancements, i.e., new allocation setup, which will include gathering requirements, planning, and work effort analysis, project tracking and working with resources from other areas.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Strong proficiency with computer systems, PC’s and financial software applications (i.e. spreadsheets, financial modeling software). Strong knowledge of accounting concepts, principles and practices.
- Ability to present and communicate concisely and clearly with conclusions and recommendations in a manner that both financial & non-financial audience can understand.
- MS Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint capabilities.
- Adaptable to various work situations; ability to work well with others across all levels of management and geopraphies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or MIS preferred.
- 2+ year’s total experience providing user/systems support, preferably in the Finance industry. Strong demonstrated analytical, interpersonal, communications, prioritization, and time management skills.
- Knowledge of finance functions, processes and systems (PeopleSoft, Hyperion Suite, or equivalents).
- Knowledge of the ITIL Framework and procedures flow.
- Knowledge of LEAN principals and proven ability to identify, design, and implement process improvements.
- PeopleSoft allocation knowledge.
Department Global Finance Support
Number of Openings
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.”
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.