- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Amazon seeks a Financial Analyst to be a key member in our Operations Finance team. This role will have heavy impact and high visibility to essential, business-critical processes, and will require interactions with Directors and VP's within Operations and Finance. This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the most innovative and fastest growing businesses of Amazon, in a role where you will have regular interaction with executives and various business units across the organization.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter with strong interpersonal and communication skills, data mining and modeling capabilities, keen attention to detail, sound logical reasoning, and the ability to manage multiple projects effectively.
· Providing support for month end reviews, forecasts, and annual operating plans
· Work closely with the Operations & Supply Chain team and be responsible for tracking associated expenses
· Own and manage component price true up (Purchase Price Variance) reporting and analytics
· Leading and participating as the key finance stakeholder in cross functional teams
· Building financial models, presenting analyses and recommendations to senior leadership
· Developing scalable and efficient financial processes that support the business
· Deriving meaningful insights and recommendations from large data sets
· Partnering across the finance organization to drive continuous improvement in financial and operational performance
· Developing, maintaining, and tracking key operations metrics
· Producing ad-hoc analyses and assisting in various projects
· Driving automation of reporting and analytics
· BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, and Computer Science) or equivalent and a minimum 3 years of experience in finance or a related analytical field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
About the company
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience - Amazon continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform.
Founded by Jeff Bezos, the Amazon.com website started in 1995 as a place to buy books because of the unique customer experience the Web could offer book lovers. Bezos believed that only the Internet could offer customers the convenience of browsing a selection of millions of book titles in a single sitting. During the first 30 days of business, Amazon fulfilled orders for customers in 50 states and 45 countries - all shipped from his Seattle-area garage.
Amazon's evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of innovation that is part of the company's DNA. The world's brightest technology minds come to Amazon.com to research and develop technology that improves the lives of shoppers and sellers around the world.