- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defense Space & Security (BDS) Finance is seeking a highly motivated finance analyst to join the Fabrication Finance team in Mesa, Arizona. As the Financial Analyst, you will provide cost management and financial analysis for the Fabrication Centers of Excellence as well as support products related to Defense and Commercial programs.
The Apache is manufactured in Mesa along with many other products for Defense (BDS), Commercial (BCA) and the Government Services (BGS) Programs.
- Develops, reviews, analyzes and maintains cost and/or schedule performance measurement baselines, including earned value, and variance analyses and communicates cost and/or schedule trends
- Develop resource forecasts and/or Estimates at Completion (EACs) for Control Accounts, budgets, functions or pools, contracts or programs
- Partner with other members of the Finance team, Industrial Engineering, Scheduling and Operations
- Prepare monthly financial reporting, both internal and external, such as Program Reviews, CPR, CFSR
- Compile data from multiple sources and develops performance reports
- Initiate variance analyses and provides understanding of operational and financial performance to management
- Make recommendations to management on financial performance projections using financial and business knowledge and experience
- Support the cost management of Fabrication for BDS and BCA programs
- Provide daily and weekly cost reporting utilizing Earned Value Management
- Participate and support Affordability initiatives and exercises
To be a part of this team you must have the ability to thrive in a dynamic environment, work with complex financial information, translate strategy into actions, be on the forefront of functional strategic direction and alignment, and work alongside our senior leaders. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are requisite to effectively build relationships with the team and all levels of executive management.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. §120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills and Experience)
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field
- 3 or more years of experience with Earned Value Management (EVM)
- 3 or more years of experience of Estimates at Completion (EAC) experience
- Proficient with the Microsoft Excel application using: formulas, VLookups, pivot tables, charts, filters, and linking worksheets
- Experience functioning in a cross-functional environment
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills and Experience)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience developing Estimate-At-Complete (EACs) for labor
- Experience developing material Estimate-At-Completes (EACs) using MVS or other material systems
- Experience with Financial processes and systems (CSPR, ReMICS, COGNOS, PMAS)
- Understanding of Operations and the Manufacturing environment
- Proven ability to handle competing priorities while providing level-headed decision making during unexpected events
- Desire to understand the business (intellectual curiosity) and gain product knowledge
- Develops, reviews, analyzes and maintains cost and/or schedule performance measurement baselines, including earned value, and variance analyses and communicates cost and/or schedule trends.
- Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 6 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Master+4 years' related work experience, 10 years' related work experience, etc.).
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
- microsoft excel
About the company
As we enter our second century, Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.