- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- New York City
Financial Analyst, Bravo, Oxygen & Universal Kids Finance
Entertainment & Lifestyle Group
Exciting opportunity to work at Bravo, Oxygen & Universal Kids, three premiere cable networks. The Financial Analyst role will report into the Sr. Director of FP&A, with responsibilities to include assisting in P&L, balance sheet and operational finance management. This role offers the unique opportunity to learn all areas of the business: Digital, Marketing, ad sales, etc. while interacting with operating leadership and NBCU Finance leadership.
Assist with overseeing financial planning, estimating and reporting processes including: reviewing the general ledger, managing corporate files and templates, and submitting financial variance commentary.
Operational Finance support for Marketing and Digital: Assist with budget management for monthly close, estimates and planning sessions. Work closely with Marketing and Digital groups in managing budgets and financial support.
Support team during monthly closes by preparing and posting journal entries, managing SG&A analysis, and developing estimates.
Accounts Payables and Account Receivables: Support team with invoice processing tasks as well as the billing process of Marketing Custom Production and Ad Sales Integration deals.
Perform ad hoc analyses, providing insightful views into the channels operations and financial performance.
• Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
• Entry-level position, some finance experience preferred.
• Experience in Excel, PowerPoint and SAP.
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY.
• Strong analytical skills, process thinker, forecasting/planning skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
• Self Starter, can work independently.
• Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
• Continuous improvement attitude, ability to seek out and implement internal or external best practices.
• Strong computer/analysis skills, particularly Excel and Power Point.
• Experience with SAP Accounting/Business Warehouse software a plus.
• Accuracy and attention to detail and deadlines.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About the company
NBCUniversal is where opportunities are found and careers are made. From the front lines to the top executive roles, we make it easy for potential candidates to explore opportunities and find the right fit with our team.