- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Job Location: United States:New Jersey : Whippany
Role Value Proposition:
Performs a variety of financial studies to analyze and report financial information surrounding the Alternative Investments portfolio. Core responsibilities will relate to the hedge fund portfolio but additional responsibilities will relate to the private equity and mezzanine direct portfolios. The incumbent is expected to determine the validity of data and provide supporting explanations of conclusions reached. He/she will support the team’s analysis/reporting by maintaining financial reporting infrastructure and establishing controlled processes.
- Maintains history and tracks current performance of the hedge fund portfolio
- Attribution of portfolio performance to various industry and custom benchmarks
- Description of private equity net investment income drivers
- Portfolio allocation reporting across numerous views/slices
- Creation and maintenance of key exhibits used for the Alternative Investments quarterly package
- Creation of quarterly ‘fund of fund’ reporting packages for use by multiple internal business partners
- Conducts research and/or participates in special studies, models basic to moderately complex future short- and long-term financial results
- Prepares financial reports from multiple sources, compiles databases, and formulates spreadsheets.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as required.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Demonstrated strong analytical, interpersonal, communications, prioritization and time management skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft excel
- 5+ years of financial experience in a public or private company environment.
- Prior experience with private equity and/or hedge funds
- Completion of or progress towards CPA or MBA preferred.
- Prior Experience with Bloomberg
- Prior experience with Ipreo/ iLevel is a plus
Number of Openings
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.”
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.