- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- New York City
Our Team Bloomberg’s Legal Department plays a critical role in supporting our businesses and operations around the world. We move quickly and thoughtfully to help address a variety of complex legal issues that come with being the global leader in business and financial data, news and insights. Our team is made up of talented and hardworking professionals who think creatively and work collaboratively in an open environment to deliver results, drive innovation, and solve difficult problems. We also recognize the value of diversity and inclusion in cultivating a supportive workplace and the importance of giving back to our communities as evidenced by our award-winning pro bono program.
The Regulatory and Data Security team provides coverage and legal support for Bloomberg's regulated entities and products, as well as support for various non-regulated products and services. We are influential in the development of new products and services, and regularly provide legal advice regarding their design and implementation.
What’s The Role? Based in New York, this is a great opportunity to join the Regulatory and Data Security legal team, whose responsibilities include the global support of electronic trading venues for securities and derivatives across all asset classes, pre-trade analytics, post-trade services, research, information security and enterprise risk. The team also provides legal coverage for economic and trade sanctions, anti-corruption and anti-money laundering programs globally.
On our team, you will have the opportunity to support products across the business including electronic trading systems provided by a US-registered broker. On any given day you could be asked to analyse, help implement, or advocate for change to US and international securities laws and regulations affecting Bloomberg's businesses, respond to developments in financial crime and export control regulations, or draft and negotiate agreements with key customers. You will liaise regularly with senior business people, other legal counsel, our Negotiations and Compliance teams, and other support functions.
We'll trust you to:
- Provide advice and help ensure regulated businesses comply with their prudential, conduct and commercial obligations
- Provide legal support for business, operations and marketing and sales forces
- Help draft and negotiate agreements and regulatory responses
- Bring a willingness to develop your knowledge of securities and broker-dealer regulation and related practice areas to complement a highly-functioning legal team with a broad portfolio of regulatory issues facing electronic trading, technology and information services providers
- Thrive in collaborating with colleagues to deliver first-class advice and execution to Bloomberg, including in response to quickly moving financial and trade sanctions developments
- Provide guidance on and implement controls relating to all US and international securities laws and regulations affecting Bloomberg's businesses
You’ll need to have:
- Relevant experience at a top-tier law firm, registered broker-dealer, or securities regulator such as the SEC or FINRA
- Familiarity with U.S. broker-dealer law and regulation
- Strong communication, presentation and negotiation skills and the ability to thrive in an open office environment
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a diverse team environment
We'd love to see:
- Knowledge of regulatory issues relevant to trading infrastructure (e.g. regulated trading venues, CCPs, trade reporting), investment advisers, public and private securities offerings and/or regulated businesses in the financial services sector
- Familiarity with (or strong interest in developing) legal expertise in financial crimes and export controls
- In-house experience (whether as an employee or secondee) supporting a securities and/or financial regulation team
At a minimum, we require that you:
- Are legally authorized to work full-time in the United States and will not require visa sponsorship now or in the future
If this sounds like you: Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
About the company