- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Fire Department is the world’s largest Industrial fire department. Across the United States, Boeing firefighters provide a safe working environment and are ready to respond to emergencies and disasters at 15 different Boeing sites The Boeing Puget Sound area has a diverse footprint with fire services supporting 5 sites. Auburn and Frederickson sites support fabrication, Everett has 747, 767, 777, & 787 aircraft production and customer delivery, Renton has 737 aircraft production and Seattle supports 737 deliveries and new aircraft derivative flight test. Boeing’s firefighters spend 80% or more of their time on fire prevention activities. They are responsible for Hazmat, CSR, EMS, aircraft incident & structural fire responses.
- Respond to and support all emergencies involving company personnel, buildings, equipment and vehicles;
- Medical response and advanced medical care;
- Aircraft Rescue Firefighting (ARFF);
- Confined Space Rescue;
- Hazardous Materials Technician;
- Respond to service requests as outlined in company and administrative procedures;
- Inspect fire department apparatus, fire protection systems and fire protection equipment related to department procedures;
- Hot work control;
- Participate in training activities and instruction sessions;
- Conduct training in basic skills of a firefighter;
- Conduct training for external customers in emergency preparedness and safety skills;
- Monitor systems and receive requests for fire department services and dispatch resources appropriately;
- Maintain required skills to ensure job proficiency;
- Demonstrate proficiency in all firefighting techniques;
- Ability to pass a Firefighter physical and stress test as a condition of employment;
- Become a Hazardous Materials Technician within 1 year of hire date;
- Work a 24 hour shift schedule at any site in the NW Region;
- Travel off-site or out of state for company business as required by management;
- Obtain a Washington State driver’s license within 6 months of employment
- Additional shift duties will be assigned upon shift assignment.
This is an hourly position represented by the International Association of Firefighters, Local I-66.
- 2 years as a paid fulltime Firefighter or any combination of 3 years’ experience as a full-time, part time or volunteer Firefighter within the last 5 years;
- A High school diploma or GED.
- State, IFSAC or Proboard Firefighter 1 certification.
- A current Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) certification. Either a current National Registry EMT or current State EMT Certification, from any US state. If not a Washington State EMT, application for Washington State EMT Reciprocity must be completed and approved within six (6) months of hire. Failure to meet this requirement within (6) months of hire may be cause for termination of employment.
- Must be willing and able to work any shift as assigned.
- A valid United States driver’s license.
- Aircraft Rescue Firefighting experience;
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. §120.15? "US Person" includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
This position may require the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
This position is located in a location that does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
- safety and security
About the company
As we enter our second century, Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.