- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Eaton’s Electrical Automation Solutions division is currently seeking a Firmware Engineerto join our team.This position is based at our Plymouth, MN site.
We are looking for a motivated professional withstrong skills in embedded software development, a good understanding ofsoftware architecture, communication technologies, and good team communicationskills.The primary responsibility of the firmware engineer will bedeveloping intelligent software devices used in the electric power industry.Successin this position requires the ability to work efficiently in multi-site teams,strong motivation for pursuing project objectives and the ability to learn newtechniques and development processes.
Making what matters workat Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create anenvironment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each andevery day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your fullpotential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will develop and manage product life cycles and product line road map, serving primary product expert and liaison between marketing and engineering/manufacturing.
- You will design, implement and test control algorithms, protocols and communications technologies.
- You will develop supporting engineering documentation including software requirements, design documentation and test plan.
- You will develop, communicate, and manage the prioritization of AMI marketing requirements documents describing AMI product functionality requests from customers and prospects considering market trends.
- You will support the development of all product collaterals, pricing structures, samples, and working with Product Line Managers, Marketing Managers, and Marcomm for PR, advertising, tradeshow and customer testimonial development
- You will lead the development and maintenance of various technical marketing collateral including technical documentation, application notes, FAQs, product notes, user guides, field training presentation content and demos
- You will establish and maintain hands-on, in-depth knowledge of competitors including business model, solutions, and products.
When we embrace thedifferent ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we —as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed toensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees.Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of anapplicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information,protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
QualificationsRequired (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree inElectrical, Computer, or Software Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 3 monthsexperience with embedded C/C++ from aninternship/co-op/leadership development program.
- No relocation is offeredfor this position. All candidates must currently reside within 50 miles ofPlymouth, MN to be considered.
- Must be authorized towork in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future
- Experience in developing RF networking technologies including WiFi, Bluetooth/BLE, Cellular, Zigbee.
- Minimum 1 year of experience working with embedded software development in C/C++
- Experience with full life cycle software development including requirements, design, development, and testing
- Experience in Embedded Linux.
- Experience in Agile design methodologies.
- Experience in version control such as Git or SVN.
- Experience in embedded technologies such as ARM processors.
- Experience writing safety critical code.
Position Success Criteria :
- Ability to travel up to10%
- Ability to work with a team of lead engineers to develop features in embedded devices.
#LI-AM1We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG EAS Electrical Automation Solutions
Job Level: Individual Contributor