- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Present Position Number01188WRole Code TitleFinancial Specialist IPosition TitleFiscal and Private Funds ManagerPosition SummaryThis position supports the Dean and the Director of Administration and Finance for Arts & Sciences in the areas of fiscal and private gift fund analysis and management. Primary responsibilities include administration of eminent scholar and term professorship appointments and awards, and management of their funding sources; oversight, reimbursement, and reconciliation of faculty research support and start-up funds; data reporting; and support for new initiatives as requested by the deans and director. Other duties include serving as financial process advisor/trainer for A&S departments & program fiscal and administrative staff.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
•Prepares or assists in the preparation and/or reconciliation of complex or diversified budgets, status reports, and financial statements.
•Manages funding requests and reimbursements for over 40 departments and programs.
•Determines and recommends options for addressing budget issues and identifies cost-effective alternatives when needed.
•Provides direction and leadership to ensure activities comply with policies and procedures.
•Interprets new directives, policies, and procedures and communicates changes to appropriate staff.
•Identifies and pursues ways to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of fiscal and administrative procedures.
Required Qualifications•Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
•5+ years of professional experience in fiscal management.
•Demonstrated ability to maintain balance sheets for financial accounts, reconcile and track expenditures.
•Demonstrated oral and written communication skills with internal and external constituencies to resolve problems, respond to inquiries, obtain and disseminate information, and create and deliver presentations.
•Ability to independently prioritize and resolve complex and competing demands while maintaining a high degree of accuracy.
•Demonstrated ability to work effectively and decisively in stressful situations.
•Proficiency with Office Suite, especially Excel (pivot tables, macros).
•Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail.
•Ability to exercise discretion and maintain confidential information.
•Commitment to providing exemplary customer service.
Preferred Qualifications•Knowledge of higher education institutions’ policies, processes, and procedures, organizational structure, and communication channels;
•Experience with Commonwealth of Virginia policies and fiscal management policies and procedures;
•Experience dealing with faculty researchers and administrative staff;
•Excellent analytical skills with ability to research multifaceted issues, evaluate options, consider consequences, and recommend solutions. Experience working with SunGard Banner (PROD and Self-Service), Discoverer, Qlik, and e-VA.
Advertised Pay RangeSalary range up to the mid-point of University Salary Range U08, commensurate with experience and qualifications.Department3K1100 Dean of Arts & Sciences OfficeLocationWilliam & MaryUniversity Salary Range
U08Job Open Date11/22/2019Review Begin DateJob Close Date01/02/2020Open Until FilledNoEmployment CategoryOperational FTPosition Term12-MonthSpecial Application InstructionsConditions of Employment:Occasional overtime may be required at certain times during the year.
EEO StatementWilliam & Mary is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access employer and actively encourages applications from minorities, women, disabled persons and veterans.
Background Check StatementWilliam & Mary is committed to providing a safe campus community. W&M conducts background investigations for applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial (credit) report or driving history check.
Supplemental QuestionRequired fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have five or more years’ professional experience in fiscal management?
- * Are you proficient in Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel (pivot tables, macros)?
- * Do you have demonstrated ability to maintain balance sheets for financial accounts, including reconciling and tracking expenditures?
- * How many years of professional experience in fiscal management? [max 50 words] (Open Ended Question)
- * Have you ever worked in higher education in the Commonwealth of Virginia? If so, where? [max 50 words] (Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have demonstrated experience with Commonwealth of Virginia financial policies and practices? If so, where? [max 50 words] (Open Ended Question)
- * Briefly describe your prior experience using an enterprise resource planning system (e.g., Ellucian Banner), or a system that uses relational databases, and/or a reporting tool (e.g. Qlik). [max 100 words] (Open Ended Question)
- * Provide a brief example of your demonstrated oral and written communication skills with internal and external constituencies to resolve problems, respond to inquiries, obtain and disseminate information, or create and deliver presentations. [max 100 words] (Open Ended Question)
Supplemental DocumentsRequired Documents
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- customer service