- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $480.00 gross per month
Pay Grade: H
Part-Time Fitness Center Specialist
TheGeorgia Department of Public Healthis the lead agency entrusted by the people of the state of Georgia with the ultimate responsibility for the health of communities and the entire population.
The agency is seeking a highly qualified candidate for the position ofFitness CenterSpecialistwithin the Division of Workforce Management/Worksite WellnessSection.
Under supervision, promotes, maintains, and improves individual and community health by assisting individuals and communities to adopt healthy behaviors. Collect and analyze data to identify community needs prior to planning, implementing, monitoring, and evaluating programs designed to encourage healthy lifestyles, policies and environments.
- Customer Service:Provide members and guests with a positive and enjoyable workout experience. Meet and greet members and guests in a timely fashion. Provide timely and exceptional customer service to all members and guests throughout the fitness center. Educate members on healthy lifestyle and fitness topics through lectures, workshops and special events.
- Personal Training and Group Exercise Instruction:Instructs group exercise classes and supervises participants. Personal Trainer to members and guests of the facility. Design and implement personalized exercise program. Assist members in adjustment of workout equipment settings. Perform blood pressure measurements for members.
- Maintenance:Maintain a clean, organized, and safe working environment on the exercise floor, in assessment areas, and in the office. Conduct regular facility walkthroughs during assigned shifts. Spot clean equipment. Record equipment in need of repair or service and inform Fitness Center Manager.
- Wellness/Fitness Programming: Assist in implementing wellness and fitness programming for state employees and members. This entails making and posting flyers, drafting emails and surveys, participating in health fairs, and developing original and creative programs.
Master's degree in public health education from an accredited college or university
Bachelor's degree in education, social, behavioral or biological sciences or a directly related field from an accredited college or university.
The ideal candidate will have at least a bachelor's degree in an Exercise Science or related field and a minimum of one year of related experience. Candidate is required to have a personal training certification from a nationally recognized organization (ACSM, NASM, NSCA preferred). CPR / AED certification is required. Candidate is required to havegroup exercise teaching experience with a group exercise certification (AFAA preferred). Must be able to stand for long periods of time and lift 50 pounds.
Georgia Department of Public Health Commissioner and leaders encourages all employees to engage in regular wellness activities and to make lifestyle choices that promote health and well-being.
The use of wellness breaks during the workday is authorized to support this philosophy and assist employees in meeting their wellness goals. A maximum of 30 minutes in a given workday may be used to engage in wellness activities, generally in the form of two 15-minute breaks or one 30-minute break.
Current State employees are subject to State Personnel Board rules regarding salary.
DPH accepts educational credential recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) and/or the US Department of Education (DOE) will be considered. DPH will contact educational institutions to verify degree, diploma, licensure, etc.
The candidate selected for this position may be subject to pre-employment drug screening and a criminal background check.
As an employee of DPH, in the event of an identified emergency you may be required, as a term and condition of employment, to assist in meeting the emergency responsibilities of the department.
If you require accommodations under the American Disability Act (ADA), email request by the closing date of this announcement to: DPH-HR@dph.ga.gov.
DPH is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information on application status by phone or e-mail. All qualified applicants will be considered, but may not necessarily receive an interview. Selected applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for next steps in the selection process. Applicants who are not selected will not receive notification.
This position is subject to close at any time once a satisfactory applicant pool has been identified.
- customer service