- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
At more than 80 award-winning properties worldwide, The Ritz-Carlton Ladies and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays with us, the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of luxury experiences, we set the standard for rare and special luxury service the world over. We invite you to explore The Ritz-Carlton.
We are looking for a Food and Beverage Manager for The Ritz-Carlton, Dallas. This leader will serve as a department head supporting Fearings breakfast (AM), in-room dining, and the honor bar.
Position responsible for all thefood and beverage operations, which includes all culinary, restaurant, beverageand room service operations. Oversees guest and employee satisfaction,maintaining standards and meeting or exceeding financial goals. Demonstratesknowledge and proficiency of all applicable food and beverage laws andregulations. Develops and implements business plan for food and beverage.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4years of experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professionalarea.
• 2-year degree from an accrediteduniversity in Food Service Management, Hotel and Restaurant Management,Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years of experiencein the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Developing and Maintaining Budgets
• Develops and manages allfinancial, employee engagement and guest satisfaction plans and actions forFood and Beverage departments.
• Maintains a positive costmanagement index for kitchen and restaurant operations.
• Utilizes budgets to understandfinancial objectives.
Leading Food and Beverage Team
• Manages the Food and Beveragedepartments (not catering sales).
• Supervises and manages employees.Manages all day-to-day operations. Understands employee positions well enoughto perform duties in employees' absence.
• Utilizes interpersonal andcommunication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates soundfinancial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads byexample.
• Oversees all culinary, restaurant,beverage and room service operations.
• Creates and nurtures a propertyenvironment that emphasizes motivation, empowerment, teamwork, continuousimprovement and a passion for providing service.
• Provides excellent customerservice to all employees.
• Responds quickly and proactivelyto employee's concerns.
• Provides a learning atmospherewith a focus on continuous improvement.
• Provides proactive coaching andcounseling to team members.
• Encourages and builds mutualtrust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
• Ensures and maintains theproductivity level of employees.
• Develops specific goals and plansto prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
• Provides the leadership, visionand direction to bring together and prioritize the departmental goals in a waythat will be efficient and effective.
• Sets clear expectations with theemployees and team leaders and ensures that appropriate rewards are given ifexpectations are exceeded.
Ensuring Exceptional CustomerService
• Provides excellent customerservice.
• Responds quickly and proactivelyto guest's concerns.
• Understands the brand's serviceculture.
• Ensures that all employees, teamleaders and managers understand the brand's service culture.
• Sets service expectations for allguests internally and externally.
• Takes ownership of a guestcomplaint/problem until it is resolved or it has been addressed by theappropriate manager or employee.
• Ensures all banquet functions areup to standard and exceed guest's expectations.
• Provides services that are aboveand beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
• Improves service by communicatingand assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance,feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
• Serves as a role model todemonstrate appropriate behaviors.
• Manages day-to-day operations,ensuring the quality, standards and meeting the expectations of the customerson a daily basis.
Managing and Conducting HumanResource Activities
• Provides guidance and direction tosubordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoringperformance.
• Conducts performance reviews in atimely manner.
• Promotes both Guarantee of FairTreatment and Open Door policies.
• Identifies the developmental needsof others and coaches, mentors, or otherwise helps others to improve theirknowledge or skills.
• Identifies the educational needsof others, develops formal educational or training programs or classes, andteaches or instructs others.
• Develops an action plan to attackneed areas and expand on strengths based on employee engagement and guestsatisfaction results.
• Complies with all corporateaccounting procedures.
• Provides information tosupervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form,e-mail, or in person.
• Analyzes information and evaluatesresults to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Ensures effective departmentalcommunication and information systems through logs, department meetings andproperty meetings.
TheRitz-Carlton is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverseworkforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. The Ritz-Carlton does notdiscriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basisprotected under federal, state or local laws.
- business administration