- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $11.00 gross per hour
JJS Food Service Worker II- Full Time (Farmington)
Do you love to cook? Do you like to feel a sense of accomplishment in the kitchen? If you do, then come join our team!
You shall prepare meals for clients and staff in a Juvenile Justice Services institutional setting. You will need to have a Food Handler's permit(or obtain one while working for the State).
- Cooks, bakes, or serves regular and/or special meals to clients and/or staff.
- Ensures that food is maintained at appropriate temperatures. Covers and stores leftover food, records serving temperatures and leftover quantities.
- Prepares salads and garnishes and assists in basic food preparation or ordering.
- Distributes food using appropriate food handling and sanitation techniques
- Assists customers in finding products, making selections and purchasing items
- May supervise or be in charge of a shift of food service workers
- Disposes or shreds outdated, sensitive documents, blank warrants, expired food stamps, etc
- Practices of food safety and public health protection
- Maintains inventory
- Tracks receipts
- Cleans, sterilizes and or disinfects areas and/or equipment.
- Uses cleaning agents, products and equipment
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for a motivated individual who enjoys cooking and following recipes.
The Department of Human Services is dedicated to provide care for individuals and families inUtah. Utah Division of Juvenile Justice Services (JJS) provides a continuum of intervention, supervision and rehabilitation programs to youth offenders while assuring public safety. For more information on Juvenile Justice Services with the Department of Human Services, please click here!
- Risks found in the typical office setting, which is adequately lighted, heated and ventilated, e.g., safe use of office equipment, avoiding trips and falls, observing fire regulations, etc.
- Work requires physical exertion. May require the ability to stand; walk over rough surfaces; bend, crouch, stoop, stretch, reach, lift moderately heavy items (up to 50 lbs.) in a recurring manner and/or for long periods of time
- customer service
- real estate