- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
You bring your body, mind, heart and spirit to your work as a Food Service Aide II.
You know when to move quickly. When to sit quietly. When to laugh loudly.
You’re great at what you do, but you want to be part of something even greater. Because you believe that while individuals can be strong, the right team is invincible.
St. James Healthcareis part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit healthcare organization that focuses on person-centered care. Our 98-bed hospital is the only full-service acute care facility in Butte, and we’re the largest hospital serving a seven-county area. Our mission is to bring health and hope to the poor, the vulnerable, our communities and each other.
Benefitsare one of the ways we encourage health for you and your family. Our generous package includes medical, dental and vision coverage. But health is more than a well-working body: it encompasses body, mind and social well-being. To that end, we’ve launched a Healthy Living program to address your holistic health. Healthy Living includes financial incentives, digital tools, tobacco cessation, classes, counseling and paid time off. We also offer financial wellness tools and retirement planning.
Together we’ll align mission and careers, values and workplace. We’ll honor each other’s dignity and surpass the standards we set. We’ll encourage joy, demand safety and take pride in our integrity.
We’ll laugh at each other’s jokes (even the bad ones). We’ll hello and high five. We’ll celebrate milestones and acknowledge the value of spirituality in healing.
We’re proud of what we know, which includes how much there is to learn.
As a Food Service Aide II you need to know how to:
- Accurately read patient meal tickets to determine items to place on tray.
- Appropriately place food items and non-food items such as eating utensils, napkins, and condiments on trays.
- Examine filled tray for completeness and places on cart. Scan tray tickets at each indicated interval for tray tracking purposes.
- Deliver patient trays in a timely manner while following proper customer service procedures and proper patient identification procedures as per hospital policy.
- Review patient meal tickets for tray messages and act accordingly (follow all policies and procedures for high risk patients, food allergies, and diabetic tray delivery).
- Review any food allergies listed/reported and ensure allergen is not in any foods served to the patient or the customer.
- Accurately replenish food in cooler according to par lists. Fill in production sheets correctly each day.
- Complete requisitions for floors and stocks the doctor’s lounge. Deliver requisitions to the requesting area/unit.
- Demonstrate proper care and use of dish machine and other essential pieces of equipment. Maintain appropriate temperature, as required, of the dish machine.
- Demonstrate proper handling, storage, washing, and transporting of all kitchen utensils, pots, pans, and dishes.
- Demonstrate proper HAACP Food Safety/Sanitation guidelines. Record temperature of equipment on the HACCP log daily.
- Demonstrate operation of an automated dishwashing solution and the correct use of soap and other solutions/chemicals used to clean and sanitize dishes. Sort clean dishes and silverware according to departmental policy.
- Appropriately transport clean dishes, pots, pans and utensils to storage areas.
- Timely report broken or damaged wash ware or utensils to supervisor.
- Responsibly open and close the Café on time. Ensure café is ready for business before each meal period.
- Correctly operate a cash register. Accurately and efficiently make change, cash checks and issue receipts or tickets to customers. As needed, accurately enter in requisitions into café point of sale system.
- Correctly record amounts received and prepare reports of transactions.
- Accurately read and record totals shown on cash register tape and verify against cash on hand.
- Complete cleaning log daily. Keep area and all equipment clean. Your experience.
We hire people, not resumes. But we also expect excellence, which is why we require:
- High School Diploma or equivalent; or 1 to 3 months of related experience and/or training, required
- ServSafe Food Handler certification, required within 18 months of hire
- Related experience in food services, preferred Your next move.
Now that you know more about being a Food Service Aide II on our team we hope you’ll join us. At SCL Health you’ll reaffirm every day how much you love this work, and why you were called to it in the first place.
About the company