- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Tipp City
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
JOB DESCRIPTION:Primary Function/Primary Goals/Objectives:
The Forklift Operator receives, stores, picks and dispenses raw materials and/or finished products. Coordinates timely accurate flow of materials from warehouse inventory to work-in-process/production areas. Coordinates timely accurate flow of finished products to support shipments to customers and other destinations. Responsible for loading and unloading of material with the use of a forklift.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining the effectiveness of the quality system
- Via use of Cambar radio frequency inventory system, the employee stores, picks or assembles finished product for shipment
- Understands and properly utilizes ship orders and associated warehouse paperwork and RF terminals for shipping/receiving finished product
- Maintains proper FIFO flow of finished products (may include operation of a forklift truck with a push-pull attachment)
- Stores, picks or assembles raw materials in the warehouse, verifying the commodity number, quantity, release status and lot number
- Checks materials against packaging lists, invoices, freight bills or other pertinent documentation to assure conformity and accuracy
- Delivers materials to production lines in a timely manner, maintains proper FIFO flow of raw materials and utilizes knowledge of both raw materials and finished product nomenclature
- Cleans up both raw material and finished goods warehouse areas
- Stages labels in mobile security carts for production lines
- Understands and completes label control portion of work order
- Maintains accurate records and reconciles inventory errors
High school diploma/GED required. Completion of technical college computer operations courses is desirable.
- Must have experience with sit down forklifts
- Knowledge of applicable regulatory standards and requirements for infant formula and nutritionals
- Ability to make decisions based on awareness of area operations is necessary. Must be able to lift and maneuver objects of considerable weight (50 lbs.)
- Must be able to deal with people under high pressure and in a constantly changing environment. This position requires good written/verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills and analytical troubleshooting skills
- Accountable for personal safety and adhering to the safety guidelines. Must communicate safety and GMP concerns to Plant Material Control/Columbus Distribution Center leadership & follow up to assure the concerns are addressed
- Must supply materials to lines or move product to and from dock areas to maintain efficient shipping and receiving operations
- This position is accountable for complying with applicable FDA (GMP), USDA, OSHA and Abbott regulations, policies, procedures or guidelines
JOB FAMILY:Supply Chain
DIVISION:ANSC Nutrition Supply Chain
LOCATION:United States Tipp City : Main/Liquid Plant
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Continuous walking for prolonged periods (more than 2 hours at a time in an 8 hour day), Driving a personal auto or company car or truck, or a powered piece of material handling equipment
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf
About the company
At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and www.facebook.com/AbbottCareers, on Instagram @AbbottGlobal, and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
We invite you to explore opportunities at Abbott, to see if your talents and career aspirations may fit with our openings. An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.