- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply online at: WWW.JWSAVANNAHJOBS.COM
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Kessler Enterprise, Inc. IV.The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process.If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
*****This position is expected to start 4 months prior toopening date*****
- The overall objective and purpose of the Assistant Food andBeverage Director position is to assist the Director of Food and Beverage incoordinating, supervising and directing all property food and beverageoperations while maintaining a profitable F&B department and high qualityproducts and service levels. Theincumbent is responsible for marketing creative ideas to promote business;reduce turnover; maintain revenue and payroll budgets and meet budgetedproductivity while keeping quality consistent with Company standards. They areto provide inspiring and strategic leadership while directing the activities ofthe Food & Beverage Department in support of the mission, core values, standardsand goals established by the company.
Areas of Responsibility (AOR)
- Primary areas of responsibility include, but are not limitedto the following:
- Taking orders from the director and bring them to the staff.
- Discuss the budget and accordingly plan the inventory, chartmenu cards along with their prices in the approval of the director.
- Supervise over the activities of the staff to get thedesired tastes to the likes of the customers.
- Oversee the duties carried out on day to day basis; providethe inventory and funds required on need.
- Watch over the paper work done while noting down day to dayexpenses, direct the staff to record the daily expenses incurred.
- Arrange meetings on daily basis to speak about the desirablechanges in the interest of the staff to ensure smooth functioning of theorders.
- Responsible to handle the inside matters to enhance theimage of the hotel industry in the satisfaction of the consumers.
- Monitor and control payroll and other expenses
- Helps with directing food and beverage services organizationalstrategies by contributing information, analysis, and recommendations tofunctional strategic thinking and direction.
- Participate in weekly department head meetings, Event Ordermeetings and individual meetings as needed to meet business plan objectives andprovide the appropriate communication and direction.
- Analyzes trends, prepares critical measurements, developsthe F&B business plan; addresses customers, profits, associates and marketswith the hotel management team; implements production, productivity, qualityand guest-service strategies, designs systems solves problems; implementschange
- Helps with the Implementation of food and beverage financialstrategies by anticipating requirements, trends and variances; development ofbudgets and capital expenditure plans; development of action plans, measuresand analyzes results, initiation of corrective actions, minimizing the impactof variances
- Approves menus by consulting with Director of Food andBeverage, executive chef, beverage manager, room service manager and banquetmanagers; reviews potential F&B menus; evaluates popularity of past menuoptions and availability of seasonal food ingredients and wines; anticipatesfood and beverage consumption and estimates cost of ingredients; minimizingwaste; approving orders with suppliers; monitors the evaluation of the qualityof product
- Controls F&B supplies by meeting with salesrepresentatives; negotiating prices and contracts; developing preferredsupplier lists; reviewing and evaluating usage reports; analyzing variances;taking corrective actions.
- Keeps F&B equipment operating by enforcing adherence tooperating instructions
- Maintains safe, secure, legal and healthy work environmentby establishing, following and enforcing sanitation and quality of food andbeverage preparation and service standards and procedures; monitors conformanceto the regulations of the alcoholic beverage commission; enforcing sanitationand legal regulations of all kitchens, bars and service areas.
- Identifies current and future customer service requirementsby establishing rapport with potential and actual customers and other personsin a position to understand guest service requirements.
- Maintain the integrity of Company proprietary informationand protect Company assets
- All other duties as assigned, planned or un-planned
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities (KSA)
- To perform this role successfully, an individual must haveexperience achieving desired result(s) in their areas of responsibility. Therequirements listed below are representative of observable behaviors andessential knowledge, skill, and abilities required of a successful incumbent.
- Strategic business leader - Works strategically to deviseplans in alignment with organizational goals.
- Cultivates engagement - Builds loyalty to the company andnot to themselves. Proven ability to host/facilitate effective meetings,motivate teams to produce results with tight timeframes while simultaneouslymanaging several projects.
- Generates alignment - Ensures proper time and effort isspent to build high level performance and consistency throughout collection.
- Leads with courage - Provides a culture of accountability.
- Execution of plans - Utilizes our systems, tools andresources to accomplish results and achieve goals
- Advanced level of written, verbal, and interpersonalcommunication skills.
- Ability to implement and uphold service standards
- Effectively motivate associates and maintain a cohesive team
- Ability to prioritize and organize work assignments
- Ability to work well in stressful, high-pressure situations
- Ability to work with and understand financial information,data and basic arithmetic functions
- Supervisory and leadership responsibilities includeachieving results through providing direction and accountability of thefollowing Grand Performers within the culture and policies established by theKessler Collection.
- F&B Outlet Managers and Supervisors
- Banquets Managers and Captains
- To perform this role successfully, an individual mustcultivate successful relationships with the following individuals to achievealignment and support.
- Director of Food and Beverage
- Corporate Vice President of Food & Beverage Concepts
- Corporate Vice President of Food & Beverage Operations
- VP of Operations
- Area VP of Human Resources
Work Environment / Conditions
- The work environment/conditions described herein arerepresentative of those that an incumbent may experience.
- Must be comfortable working in a shared space, with constantnoise, without the use of a private office.
- Must be able to cope with frequent changing priorities anddeadlines with a high degree of optimism, professionalism & collaboration.
- Schedules may vary from week to week based on businessdemands in excess of 40 hours with or without notice
This jobis not an exclusive or exhaustive listof all job functions that an incumbent/Grand Performer in this position may beasked to perform.
- Education, License, Certifications, Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related training equivalent- required
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in similar scope andtitle required
- Experience within luxury brand/markets required
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
- human resources