- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Delray Beach
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply online athttps://www.hospitalityonline.com/jobs/1366228-bistro-attendant?source=talent-point
This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Kolter Hospitality. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Position Summary:The Bistro Attendant is a member of the Food and Beverage team and is responsible for greeting every guest/customer with a smile and positive attitude, taking orders, preparing and delivering items, following accurate cash handling and room charge procedures, organizing and maintaining a clean service area, cleaning tables and area, and following all health and alcohol laws.
Essential functions:Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintain standards of Food and Beverage quality and guest service quality.
- Greet guests.
- Ensure prompt requests for drink orders.
- Present menus, answer questions, and make suggestions regarding food and service.
- Suggest wine sales wherever appropriate.
- Relay orders to the kitchen and beverage services.
- Observe guests to fulfill any additional requests and to perceive when meal portions have been completed.
- Clear and reset tables.
- Complete all side work as assigned.
- Maintain a clean work and storage area.
- Read and understand MSDS.
- May assist in the set-up, cleaning, and refreshing of the function rooms.
- Prepare ingredients for cooking, including portioning, chopping, and storing food.
- Process all orders using Micros and collect payment from customers, and provide assistance in Food and Beverage areas including busing, cleaning, resetting tables, and delivering food to guests (room service delivery).
- Perform general cleaning and maintenance of Food and Beverage prep areas, counting the bank at end of shifts, and following property control audit standards and cash handling procedures.
- Complete any additional tasks as requested by managementEOE
Kolter Hospitality Participates in E-Verify
Education: High school education/GED.
Experience:No previous experiencerequired
Hours required:Scheduled days and time vary based on hotel needs. Must be able to work weekends.
- Ability to communicate with guests.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to provide friendly guest service with a smile.
- Ability to lift, pull and push moderate weight. (minimum of 50 lbs)
Thisis a summary of primary responsibilities and qualifications. The jobis not intended to include all duties or qualifications that may be required now or in the future.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.