- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Delray Beach
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply online athttps://www.hospitalityonline.com/jobs/1366233-cook?source=talent-point
This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Kolter Hospitality. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Position Summary:The cook is responsible for preparing quality food in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with proper food handling techniques.
Essential functions:Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prepare all food items in an efficient and timely manner adhering to proper food handling technique and ensuring quality food standards.
- Follow recipes to control production and maintain consistency and freshness.
- Ensure efficient flow of food dishes with an emphasis on portion control, quality, presentation and temperature control.
- Break down and store all leftover.
- Clean as you go and follow proper daily sanitation checklists.
- Maintain all perishables at the proper temperature.
- Assist in prep work as required for the next shift.
- Assist with inventory and production charts.
- Put away stock when necessary using FIFO (first in, first out)
- Adhere to hotel grooming standards.
- Perform any additional tasks requested by management.EOE
Kolter Hospitality Participates in E-Verify
Education:No formal education required.
Experience:at least one (1) year of experience cooking experience.
Hours required:Scheduled days and time vary based on hotel needs. Must be able to work weekends.
Skills and abilities: Knowledge of knife skills, sanitation and cooking methods.
- Knowledge of sanitation codes concerning food storage and cross contamination. Knowledge of proper cooking methods
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to provide friendly guest service with a smile.
Thisis a summary of primary responsibilities and qualifications. The jobis not intended to include all duties or qualifications that may be required now or in the future.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.