- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply online at: WWW.JWSAVANNAHJOBS.COM
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Kessler Enterprise, Inc. IV.The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process.If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
This position is primarily responsible for directing thedaily operations of Housekeeping and Laundry to ensure clean, orderly, andattractive conditions of the hotel.Completes inspections and holds Grand Performers accountable for highcleanliness standards. Responsible forensuring guest and Grand Performer satisfaction while maintaining the operatingbudget.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Core duties and responsibilities include the following.Other duties may be assigned.
- Establishes standards and procedures for work ofhousekeeping staff.
- Plans work schedules to ensure adequate service.
- Inspects and evaluates physical condition of all areas ofthe hotel.
- Submits to management recommendations for painting, repairs,furnishings, relocation of equipment, and reallocation of space.
- Periodically inventories supplies and equipment.
- Investigates new and improved cleaning instruments andmethods.
- Ensures staff is well trained.
- Celebrates successes and publicly recognizes thecontributions of team members.
- Empowers Grand Performers to provide excellent customerservice.
- Observes service behaviors of Grand Performers and providesfeedback for improved performance.
- Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmentalmeetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
- Supports and supervisors and effective inspection programfor all guestrooms and public space.
- Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
- Ensures all Grand Performers have proper supplies, equipmentand uniforms.
- Solicits Grand Performer feedback, utilizes an open doorpolicy, and reviews Grand Performer satisfaction results to identify andaddress problems or concerns.
- Sets a positive example for guest relations.
- Initiates Grand Performer progressive discipline accordingto policy.
- Leads departmental meetings and continually communicates aclear and consistent message regarding the departmental goals to producedesired results.
- Responsible for the department budget and expense control.
- Manages Grand Performers who supervises a Team in theHousekeeping Department.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordancewith the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities includeinterviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, anddirecting work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees;addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be ableto perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed beloware representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonableaccommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to performthe essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Associate degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year collegeor technical school.
- Three to Five years of management experience in Housekeepingin a hospitality environment
- Two to three years experience in a Four or Five Diamondhotel
- Advanced knowledge ofcomputer systems used to carry out housekeeping operations, including theability to solve system related problems
- Equivalent combination of education and experience will alsobe considered.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safetyrules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers oremployees of organization.
- Bi-lingual is a plus
To perform this job successfully, an individual should haveknowledge of Internet software; Inventory software; Order Processing systems;Payroll systems; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
- order processing