- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Fort Worth
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via online at:www.ohospitalitymanagement.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, O'Reilly Hospitality Management, LLC.The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process.If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Maintains and enhances the organization's human resources byplanning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resourcespolicies, programs, and practices.
- Maintains the work structure by updating job requirementsand job s for all positions.
- Maintains organization staff by establishing a recruiting,testing, and interviewing program; counseling managers on candidate selection;conducting and analyzing exit interviews; recommending changes.
- Prepares employees for assignments by establishing andconducting orientation and training programs.
- Maintains a pay plan by conducting periodic pay surveys;scheduling and conducting job evaluations; preparing pay budgets; monitoringand scheduling individual pay actions; recommending, planning, and implementingpay structure revisions.
- Ensures planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee workresults by training managers to coach and discipline employees; schedulingmanagement conferences with employees; hearing and resolving employeegrievances; counseling employees and supervisors.
- Maintains employee benefits programs and informs employeesof benefits by studying and assessing benefit needs and trends; recommendingbenefit programs to management; directing the processing of benefit claims;obtaining and evaluating benefit contract bids; awarding benefit contracts;designing and conducting educational programs on benefit programs.
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementingapplicable human resource federal and state requirements; conductinginvestigations; maintaining records; representing the organization at hearings.
- Maintains management guidelines by preparing, updating, andrecommending human resource policies and procedures.
- Maintains historical human resource records by designing afiling and retrieval system; keeping past and current records.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attendingeducational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishingpersonal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Completes human resource operational requirements byscheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains human resource staff by recruiting, selecting,orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains human resource staff job results by counseling anddisciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related resultsas needed.
- Handle staff complaints and grievances
- Any other related issues assigned by the Regional HRDirector
- Responds to all unemployment cases for all OHM Hotels.
- Submits Work Comp, Property and Guest liability incidents tocompany insurance carrier for all OHM properties
- Responsible for payment incurred by large companies /organizations
- Plans rallies for recognition of Team Members throughout theyear. Sets up raffles to raise money for community give backs. Plays a majorpart in the companies CARE committee.
- Schedules, plans and is involved with the yearly communityactivities calendar and coordination with General Manager and organizationschosen
- Sends out monthly anniversary with service pins and birthdaycards to Team Members
- Sets up new Companies for Direct Bill privileges
- Prime contact with hotel's Adopt-A-School / Teaching Kids toCARE programs
- Team Members Monthly Newsletter
- Updates Team Member break room monthly for upcoming events,etc
- Assist in Management Training for all properties incomingManagers
- Responsible for Petty cash banks and check books, end ofmonth reports
Skills & Abilities:
Hiring, Human Resources Management,Benefits Administration, Performance Management, Communication Processes,Compensation and Wage Structure, Supports Diversity, Classifying Employees,Employment Law, Laws Against Sexual Harassment, Organization
Apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to defineproblems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Interpretan extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagrammaticform. Deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Compute discount, interest, profit and loss; commission,markups and selling price; ratio and proportion, and percentages. Calculatesurface, volumes, weights and measures.
Calculate variables and formulas; monomials andpolynomials; ratio and proportion variables; and square roots and radicals.
Calculate plane and solid figures; circumference,area and volume. Understand kinds of angles and properties of pairs of angles.
Reading: Read scientific and technical journals, abstractsand financial reports.
Speaking: Conversant in the theory, principles and methodsof effective and persuasive speaking, voice and diction, phonetics anddiscussion.
Relationships to data and people:
Data: Coordinating: Determining time, place and sequence ofoperations or action to be taken on the basis of analysis of data; executingdetermination of and/or reporting on events.
People: Speaking-Signaling: Talking with and/or signalingpeople to convey or exchange information. Includes giving assignments and/ordirections to helpers or assistants.
- At least 5 years of proven generalist HR experienceincluding the ability to work at both operational and strategic level
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources Management or equivalent
- Influencing, persuading, coaching and negotiating skills
- Ability to represent the Human Resource function as part ofthe bigger business picture
- Confident directing HR and advising managers on all aspectsof people management and development
- Fully conversant and up-to-date with all aspects ofemployment law and HR best practices
- Previous experience in industrial relations management
- Capacity to anticipate future needs and identifyopportunities to learn new things for current and future needs in thedepartment
- Facility to think laterally to identify and develop creativesolutions
- Used to take action to improve standards of excellence
- Ability to manage the stress effectively
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
- human resources