- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via email at:email@example.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, McNeill Hotel Companies.The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process.If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
- Developsand maintains marketing plan and sale budget with the General Manager. Developsmarket segment strategies to prospect business for the hotel.
- Providessales training to front office staff as well as sales coordinator and salesmanager
- Participatesin revenue management calls and strategies using STR Reports, demand analysisand other resources
- Schedulesand completes sales appointments
- Attendsbusiness, community, and civic affair events in the local area
- Ensuresteamwork and enhances cooperation between all departments
- Createsan effective sales team through training, mentoring, and participating in jointsales calls and blitzes
- Assistsin rate and inventory strategy with FOM, GM and Revenue Manager
- Interviews,selects, trains, develops and administers performance appraisals
- Negotiatehotel rates for LNR accounts based upon room night volume and day of weekarrival/departure dates
- Securegroup business for hotel, blocking rooms, sending contracts and follow up oncut off dates
- Workswith operations team to greet group events
- Assistsguests with plans for meetings, schedules and monitors meeting functions,conducts property tours and explains amenities
- Assistswith follow up on room lists, direct bill and other requirements of previouslybooked business
- Assistswith major group check-ins
- Coordinateswith kitchen staff for any catered events
- Maintainssales files and ensures accurate entry in sales system
- Organizework week to include a strong prospecting plan each week targeting business forneed hotel dates.
- Facilitatesinside sales leads and helps with strategy to develop sales plans
- Followscompany policies and procedures
- Otherduties as assigned by supervisor or management
To beconsidered for this position, you must:
- Musthave previous hotel sales experience including outside/direct sales experience
- Havea stable work history
- Bewell-organized and have strong client follow-up
- Becompetitive, self-motivated and a self-starter.
- Exhibitexceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Havefully functional computer skills including experience with Word, Excel andPowerPoint.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.