- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please Apply Online athttp://www.jwsavannahjobs.com/
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Kessler Enterprise, Inc. IV.The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process.If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
The DOSM isresponsible for overseeing Sales and Marketing to optimize revenueopportunities for the properties they oversee.
- EventService Management
- Dotted-lineBqt Mgr – standard protocol enforcement
- PropertyMarketing Manager
- SalesAdmins/Social Media Managers
- AssociateDirector of Catering
- AssociateDirector of Sales
- SeniorGroup Sales Manager
- CateringSales Manager
- ExecutiveMeeting Manager
- EventService Manager
- PropertyMarketing Manager
Essential Duties / Tasks /Responsibilities:
- Developmentof strategic marketing initiatives that leverages the marketing engine of thebrands.
- Collaborateswith Corporate and Brand Marketing on the concept creation and execution of allprint and digital marketing and sales collateral materials such as brochures,advertising, digital, photography, etc.
- Collaborateswith Corporate and Brand Marketing on property marketing plans including mediaplans and social media strategy
- Collaborateswith Corporate and Brand PR on all PR opportunities within the region
- Tracksand maintains inventory of regional marketing materials
- Workcooperatively between PR and Marketing to establish strategic goals forattaining budgets.
- Reportson ROI of all brand and group marketing strategies.
- MaintainCVENT profile to include need dates, promotions, photography, etc.
- Approveall creative through Marketing Agency as well as Property Marketing Manager
- Growmarket share and account acquisition.
- Achievethe annual revenue goals and key performance indicators as budgeted.
- Understandand develop insights and feedback on company’s position, progress and successin achieving established service and performance targets.
- Maintainaccurate and comprehensive competitive intelligence by developing andcultivating good relationships with senior executives from other hotels,industry contacts, GSO/NSO’s and key customers.
- Explore& research the feeder markets for cross-brand sales opportunities &contractual relationships.
- Developand deploy qualified leads to all on Savannah properties and sales teams, keepthe pipeline full to enable all properties meet and exceed their budgeted salesgoals.
- Bethe Kessler Brand and ensure the phones are ringing with qualified leads andkeenly understand the needs and business footprint of each hotel and thedestination in which they sit to provide optimal lead conversion for all salesteams. Provide partnership consultingbetween the client and sales teams to ensure every lead is responded to in thetime frame requested and every angle of the RFP is explored to win thebusiness.
- Develop& manage a sales portfolio that addresses business needs of our SavannahHotels to include the West Coast and North East Markets.
- Leadthe revenue strategy assuring that each property is taking the “right mix” ofbusiness to maximize the high demand periods and lay in the base required forthe distressed periods.
- Monitorrevenue pace of Sales and Catering and lead the Team in meeting and exceedingbudgeted revenues.
- FormulateTeam sales travel for the year through collaboration with the VP of NationalSales – identifying travel needs based on feeder markets.
- Direct,organize and supervise departmental activities including, but not limited to,prospecting and qualifying potential leads, soliciting viable leads, andpreparing and presenting written proposals/contracts and oral presentations.
- Directand develop team member’s performance to include, but not limited to, providingsupervision and professional development, scheduling, coaching and counseling,timely evaluations, improving performance and delivering recognition andreward.
- Recruit,interview and onboard new team members.
- Assistin compiling sales forecasts and budgets, collect and report sales data andmanage the department budget.
- Developtarget lists and action plans for account solicitation; assist in assignmentand distribution of leads and inquiries.
- Conducttours of property to meeting planners and other potential customers whileinforming of all hotel services available; entertain customers on propertyduring site inspections, pre-planning trips, and program operation whenappropriate. Complete required site forms to alert the hotel of site tours inadvance. .
- Participatein hotel executive committee meetings weekly.
- Developand maintain relationships with competitive set and actively participate incommunity organizations and professional associations to maintain visibilityand market share.
- Excellentknowledge of the hotel's surroundings including the history, culture and pointsof interest.
- Qualifyincoming leads, send proposals, contracts and addendums when needed tonegotiate group business using marketing and sales resources.
- Monthlyreview and support to team members in creating and achieving quarterly salesgoals.
- Analyzecompetition, market trends and customer needs to continually assess theproductivity against established goals and budgets.
- Analyzehistorical, current and future hotel performance to capture the maximum amountof revenue and meet/exceed his/her individual sales goals and sales budget.
- Maximizerevenue by selling all facets of the hotel to include restaurant, spa, galleryand outlets.
- Trackmonthly production towards quarterly sales goals set forth by management usingrequired documentation.
- Competentlyutilizes the required systems/equipment and platforms to effectively evaluateavailability, profitability and track the progress of groups from proposalthrough execution.
- Participatein monthly revenue meetings to stay abreast of strategies and to assist inmaking decisions for the benefit of the hotel.
- Conductweekly department meeting to review group and catering pace, systems reports,company/department updates.
- Activelyparticipate in all sales/operational meetings
- Developand maintain a working relationship with national franchised brands.
- Knowledgeof all Kessler Collection hotels to effectively cross-sell.
- Completerequired reporting and documentation.
- Uselogic, integrity and sound judgment when making business decisions byconsidering the big picture, operational needs and impact on other departments.
- Conductmonthly one on one’s with team members to provide support, leadership anddirection.
- Performother duties assigned to meet business needs.
- Conductdaily business review meeting with sales team to review current prospects, sitetours, and previous day’s business activity.
Work Environment :
- Theincumbent is required to have a valid driver’s license and have the ability todrive.
- Thisjobis not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functionsthat an incumbent/Grand Performer in this position may be asked to perform.
Experience / Education / Certifications:
- Bachelor’sdegree - preferred
- Hospitalityor related industry experience - required
- Previoussales experience – required
- ValidDriver’s License – required
- Knowledgeableof Top-Accounts for the Hotel - required
This company is an equal opportunity employer.