- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Company Name:Kroger Logistics
Responsible for general maintenance in maintaining distribution center’s buildings and equipment. Activities include plumbing, electrical, HVAC (excluding Freon work), carpentry, painting, dock door and leveler maintenance. Role model and demonstrate the company’s core values of respect, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Perform preventative maintenance on HVAC, electrical, plumbing systems and dock doors and levelers
- Repair minor electrical, HVAC, plumbing and dock doors and levelers
- Assist / monitor equipment process parameters to perform predictive / preventive maintenance and enter data into Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Assist in monitoring inventory of spare parts, special need items and tools
- Ability to operate computers and maintenance diagnostics equipment including analog and digital multi-meters, pyrometers, photo-tachometer, etc.
- Diagnose failures, determine parts and material requirements, and perform repairs as required to resume Operation on production equipment
- Ability to communicate and escalate with peers and principles
- Ensure and maintain the cleanliness of all equipment, workstations and overall facility
- Perform basic carpentry duties as needed
- Assists in relocating and remodeling offices, conference rooms and break areas
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with our without reasonable accommodation
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Basic plumbing, HVAC, carpentry, welding, mechanical and electrical skills
- Ability to read and interpret technical instructions and manuals
- Skilled with hand tools and power tools
- Valid driver’s license
Desired Previous Job Experience
- High school education or equivalent
- Training in facility maintenance including carpentry, HVAC, plumbing, electrical and mechanics
Education Level:Trade School Desired
Shift(s):Day; Evening; Overnight
Jobs at Kroger Logistics:Kroger Logistics is a best-in-class supply chain team that services our more than 2,500 grocery and convenience stores that stretch coast-to-coast across the U.S., including Alaska. We are comprised of more than 30 distribution centers, regional freight centers, transportation and office locations. In Kroger Logistics, we offer career opportunities in Safety, Professional Driving, Warehouse Operations, International Logistics, Engineering, Supply Chain and Human Resources. If you are looking for an ever-changing, fast-paced environment focused on supporting our Customer 1st Strategy, we welcome your online application.
Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve customers in 2,782 retail food stores under a variety of local banner names in 35 states. Our Family of Companies also operates 2,268 pharmacies, 274 fine jewelry stores, 1,489 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food production plants in the United States. Kroger is dedicated to our Purpose: to Feed the Human Spirit™ by serving America through food inspiration and uplift and creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: WA||Chehalis|| 222 Maurin Rd. ||98532 || Kroger Logistics||None||Logistics/Supply Chain ||Employee|| Non-Exempt || Full-Time|| None
About the company
Kroger, one of the world’s largest retailers, employs more than 339,000 associates who serve customers in 2,425 supermarkets and multi-department stores in 31 states under two dozen local banner names including Kroger, City Market, Dillons, Jay C, Food 4 Less, Fred Meyer, Fry's, King Soopers, QFC, Ralphs and Smith's. The company also operates 789 convenience stores, 337 fine jewelry stores, 1,109 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food processing plants in the U.S. Kroger also operates over 80 “The Little Clinic” retail healthcare sites inside select Kroger, King Sooper and Fry’s stores.
Recognized by Forbes as the most generous company in America, Kroger supports hunger relief, breast cancer awareness, the military and their families, and more than 30,000 schools and grassroots organizations in the communities it serves. Kroger contributes food and funds equal to 160 million meals a year through more than 80 Feeding America food bank partners. For more information please visit Kroger.com.