- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Floyds Knobs
Company Name:Jay C Stores
Establish and maintain a safe and clean environment that encourages our customers to return. Achieve all goals, and monitor and control all establishedquality assurance standards. Direct and supervise all functions, duties and day to day activities of the Produce department. Embrace the Customer 1 st strategy and encourage team members to deliver excellent customer service. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Promote trust and respect among team members with a positive attitude and create teamwork.
- Communicate company, department, and job specific information to team members.
- Establish performance goals for department and empower associates to meet or exceed targets.
- Develop adequate scheduling.
- Train and develop team members on performance and participate in the performance review process.
- Adhere to all local, state and federal laws, and company guidelines.
- Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome, important and appreciated.
- Gain and maintain knowledge of products, prepare fruit and vegetable platters and trays, and be able to answer questions and make suggestions.
- Inform customers of produce specials, offer samples, and recommend produce items to customers to ensure they get the products they want and need.
- Review and inspect products for quality and freshness and take appropriate action with those items.
- Create, inform, and implement a department business plan, sales promotions, and ads.
- Monitor and control expenses.
- Assist in preparing the department budget, profit and loss reviews, and take appropriate action on all reports.
- Maintain an awareness and train others on inventory and stocking conditions.
- Schedule price changes and update shelf tags and signs.
- Plan, organize and supervise the inventory process.
- Ensure proper temperatures in cases and coolers are maintained and temperature logs are maintained.
- Reinforce safety programs, safety procedures, and identify any unsafe conditions and notify store management..
- Practice preventive maintenance and report repairs needed.
- Notify management of customer or employee accidents, safety risks, issues or illegal activity.
- Standing and Walking- 100 percent of the time
- Lifting- average of 50 pounds
- Bending, twisting, turning, pushing, pulling
- Climbing- ladder and step stool
- Tolerate temperatures down to 45 degrees
- Tolerate hands being wet and cold
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Effective communication and reading skills
- Knowledge of basic math
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Current food handlers permit once employed
- Must be 18 years old
Desired Previous Job Experience
- High school education or equivalent preferred
- Management experience preferred
- Produce experience
- Second language
Education Level:High School Diploma/GED Desired
Jobs at Jay C Food Stores: Jay C Food Stores is always looking for friendly team members who enjoy serving customers. Jay C is a great place to work. Our company offers competitive pay, good benefits, a flexible schedule, career advancement opportunities, and much more. If you are interested in a job opportunity with Jay C, please complete an online application today!
Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve customers in 2,782 retail food stores under a variety of local banner names in 35 states. Our Family of Companies also operates 2,268 pharmacies, 274 fine jewelry stores, 1,489 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food production plants in the United States. Kroger is dedicated to our Purpose: to Feed the Human Spirit™ by serving America through food inspiration and uplift and creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: IN||Floyds Knobs|| 815 Highlander Point Dr ||47119 || Jay C Stores||None||Deli/Bakery; Meat/Seafood; Produce/Floral ||Employee|| Non-Exempt || Full-Time|| None
- customer service
About the company
Kroger, one of the world’s largest retailers, employs more than 339,000 associates who serve customers in 2,425 supermarkets and multi-department stores in 31 states under two dozen local banner names including Kroger, City Market, Dillons, Jay C, Food 4 Less, Fred Meyer, Fry's, King Soopers, QFC, Ralphs and Smith's. The company also operates 789 convenience stores, 337 fine jewelry stores, 1,109 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food processing plants in the U.S. Kroger also operates over 80 “The Little Clinic” retail healthcare sites inside select Kroger, King Sooper and Fry’s stores.
Recognized by Forbes as the most generous company in America, Kroger supports hunger relief, breast cancer awareness, the military and their families, and more than 30,000 schools and grassroots organizations in the communities it serves. Kroger contributes food and funds equal to 160 million meals a year through more than 80 Feeding America food bank partners. For more information please visit Kroger.com.