- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Washington, D.C.
Company Name:Jay C Stores
Create an outstanding customer experience through exceptional service. Establish and maintain a safe and clean environment that encourages our customers to return. Achieve the Front-end performance goals and best practices. Drive the department in reaching the goals established. Direct and supervise all functions, duties and activities for the Front-end department. Embrace the Customer 1st strategy and encourage team members to deliver excellent customer service. Role model and demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Promote trust and respect among team members.
- Communicate company, department, and job specific information to team members.
- Collaborate with team members and promote teamwork to help achieve company and store goals.
- Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome, important and appreciated by answering questions regarding products sold.
- Gain and maintain knowledge of products sold and be able to respond to questions and make suggestions about products.
- Monitor and control supply expenses for the department.
- Manage cash control, sales and cash items and records for the store.
- Manage the scheduling of Front-end team members to provide adequate department coverage.
- Assist store management in preparing the store and department budget, profit and loss reviews, and take appropriate action on all financial reports.
- Develop and implement a department business plan to achieve desired results.
- Stay current with present, future, seasonal and special ads.
- Monitor and control expenses for the department.
- Maintain an awareness of inventory and stocking conditions and note any discrepancies in inventory.
- Schedule daily, weekly and monthly price changes by updating shelf tags and promotional signs.
- Train department team members on inventory and stocking.
- Adhere to all food safety regulations and guidelines.
- Reinforce safety programs by complying with safety procedures and identify unsafe conditions and notify store management.
- Practice preventive maintenance by properly inspecting equipment and notify appropriate department or store manager of any items in need of repair.
- Notify management of customer or employee accidents.
- Report all safety risks or issues, and illegal activity, including- robbery, theft or fraud.
- Oversee and manage the efficient operations of all functions and activities of the Front-end.
- Adhere to all local, state and federal laws, and company guidelines.
- Supervise and coach direct reports in the performance of their duties by completing performance reviews and providing feedback to direct reports.
- Standing or Walking- 100 percent of the time
- Lifting- average of 40 pounds
- Pushing and pulling
- Manual dexterity
- Bending, twisting, turning
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Knowledge of basic math
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Effective Communications and reading skills
- Retail, Customer Service or Front-End experience
- Must be 21 years old
Desired Previous Job Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Assistant Front End Manager
- Retail or Management experience
- Second language
Education Level:High School Diploma/GED Desired
Jobs at Jay C Food Stores: Jay C Food Stores is always looking for friendly team members who enjoy serving customers. Jay C is a great place to work. Our company offers competitive pay, good benefits, a flexible schedule, career advancement opportunities, and much more. If you are interested in a job opportunity with Jay C, please complete an online application today!
Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve customers in 2,782 retail food stores under a variety of local banner names in 35 states. Our Family of Companies also operates 2,268 pharmacies, 274 fine jewelry stores, 1,489 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food production plants in the United States. Kroger is dedicated to our Purpose: to Feed the Human Spirit™ by serving America through food inspiration and uplift and creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: IN||Washington|| 2 Cherry Tree Plz ||47501 || Jay C Stores||None||Friendly & Experience; Front End ||Employee|| Non-Exempt || Full-Time|| None
- customer service
About the company
Kroger, one of the world’s largest retailers, employs more than 339,000 associates who serve customers in 2,425 supermarkets and multi-department stores in 31 states under two dozen local banner names including Kroger, City Market, Dillons, Jay C, Food 4 Less, Fred Meyer, Fry's, King Soopers, QFC, Ralphs and Smith's. The company also operates 789 convenience stores, 337 fine jewelry stores, 1,109 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food processing plants in the U.S. Kroger also operates over 80 “The Little Clinic” retail healthcare sites inside select Kroger, King Sooper and Fry’s stores.
Recognized by Forbes as the most generous company in America, Kroger supports hunger relief, breast cancer awareness, the military and their families, and more than 30,000 schools and grassroots organizations in the communities it serves. Kroger contributes food and funds equal to 160 million meals a year through more than 80 Feeding America food bank partners. For more information please visit Kroger.com.