- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- New York City
What is Lux at Airbnb?
The Lux team was created when Airbnb acquired Montreal-based Luxury Retreats in 2017. Our mission is to become the most recognized and trusted brand providing unparalleled world-class travel service. We have the unique opportunity to help people experience the most memorable and mind-blowing trips to the world’s finest destinations. While still a fairly new team, we'll be aggressively growing this part of the business. We aim to increase both supply and bookings 10x over the next three years across both Airbnb and LuxuryRetreats.
What is Guest Experience on Lux?
If you’ve planned a trip for yourself or a group of friends, you’re familiar with the time and effort it takes to coordinate the dates, transportation, dinner reservations, activities, and so much more. Now imagine a concierge team planning this entire trip for you. Today’s process requires tremendous effort and communication between the guest and the Lux concierge team. The Guest Experience team will create brand new products that streamline the entire planning process for both our guests and Lux concierge teams. They will invent the future of luxury travel and concierge service through technology while still maintaining close and personal relationships with our customers.
In this role, you will:
- Collaborate across functions (Designers, Product Managers, Data Scientists and User Researchers) to drive Guest Experience initiatives for Luxury Retreats.
- Build fast and easy-to-use web applications for millions of Luxury Retreats visitors.
- Create product experiences that transform the trip planning process (Ex: bring the experience of planning transportation, restaurants, chef services, grocery stocking online).
- Architect efficient and reusable front-end components and abstractions.
- Use state-of-art technologies (e.g. GraphQL, React/Redux, Service workers) to improve Luxury Retreats web infrastructure, performance, and developer productivity.
- 4+ years of industry experience
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree, preferably in CS, or equivalent experience.
- Ability to write high performance production quality code.
- Awareness of cross-browser compatibility issues and client-side performance considerations.
- Demonstrated design and UX sensibilities.
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness Discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter Subsidies
- Community Involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Much more…