- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
What is Trust at Airbnb?
Over two million people stay on Airbnb every night and the Trust Engineering team keeps our hosts and guests safe and supported throughout the entire Airbnb experience.
As part of the Trust Engineering team you will be in charge of designing and building scalable and robust systems to detect and mitigate fraud across our entire platform. You will be deeply involved in the technical details of building highly available and real-time risk detection services in close collaboration with product, data science and operations teams to understand ever evolving attack vectors and to keep Airbnb a safe and trusted community.
There are still many unsolved problems to tackle in both online and offline risk, and we're looking for talented engineers to solve these challenges with us.
What is Frontend Software Engineer on Trust at Airbnb?
Millions of users engage with the Airbnb website every day. As a Frontend Engineer on Trust, your mission is to build experiences that create a feeling of trust and safety while using Airbnb. You are critical to detecting and preventing fraud, as well as protecting users on the web platform. We are looking for engineers to tackle projects with large scope, drive significant business impact, and be stewards of our website for years to come.
We’re looking for product-aware engineers who are thoughtful, creative, and passionate about building the best possible user experience. We’re looking for someone who is not only well-versed in web frontend development, but also has strong UX/product sensibilities and enjoys working closely with world class designers, product managers, and data scientists.
- We created an extensible framework called Airlock that can pause a user’s current action and ask for self-serve verification. Airlock is triggered when the system detects risky user behavior, and can happen anywhere on Airbnb’s website.
- We built a sophisticated identity verification system that provides identity confidence for Airbnb while minimizing the friction on good users.
- We are exploring the use of client-side machine learning to detect if a user is uploading valid and high quality media.
- We build experiences that provide embedded education to warn and protect users from malicious behavior such as phishing, identity theft, and more.
- 2+ years industry experience
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree, preferably in CS, or equivalent experience
- Fluency in HTML, CSS, and related web technologies
- Demonstrated knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals
- Awareness of cross-browser compatibility issues and client-side performance considerations
- Demonstrated design and UX sensibilities
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter subsidies
- Community involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Much more...
Airbnb has Engineering offices along the West Coast in the U.S. and our teams are growing quickly! Contact us to find out which office works best for you.
About the company
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique accommodations around the world — online or from a mobile phone or tablet.
Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences, at any price point, in more than 65,000 cities and 191 countries. And with world-class customer service and a growing community of users, Airbnb is the easiest way for people to monetize their extra space and showcase it to an audience of millions.