- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Company Name:Kroger Logistics
Responsible for safely transporting goods from fulfillment center to delivery locations by following prescribed routes. Perform all tasks in a safe manner consistent with corporate policies and state and federal laws. Demonstrate the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Inspect vehicle for defects before, during and after trips; submit reports indicating truck condition.
- Check refrigeration unit for malfunctions.
- Safely and efficiently deliver, load and unload merchandise at delivery locations.
- Maintain a commitment to providing customer service that makes both internal and external customers feel welcome, important and appreciated.
- Follow prescribed routing to meet scheduled delivery times.
- Adhere to corporate and departmental engineered labor and safety standards.
- Adhere to all federal, state, corporate and departmental safety standards.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Must be at least 21 years
- Must have a Valid Driver’s license
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug screen
- Ability to travel independently
- Ability to work varied schedule as needs of business require
- Ability to walk, sit, stand, bend, push/pull and lift
- Ability to carry out instructions in written, verbal or diagram form
- Ability to operate the following special equipment, machinery and/or special tools: refrigeration units, and dollies, electric or manual pallet jacks
Desired Previous Job Experience:
- Verifiable driving experience
Education Level:High School Diploma/GED Desired
Required Certifications/Licenses:Driver's License
Jobs at Kroger Logistics:Kroger Logistics is a best-in-class supply chain team that services our more than 2,500 grocery and convenience stores that stretch coast-to-coast across the U.S., including Alaska. We are comprised of more than 30 distribution centers, regional freight centers, transportation and office locations. In Kroger Logistics, we offer career opportunities in Safety, Professional Driving, Warehouse Operations, International Logistics, Engineering, Supply Chain and Human Resources. If you are looking for an ever-changing, fast-paced environment focused on supporting our Customer 1st Strategy, we welcome your online application.
Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve customers in 2,782 retail food stores under a variety of local banner names in 35 states. Our Family of Companies also operates 2,268 pharmacies, 274 fine jewelry stores, 1,489 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food production plants in the United States. Kroger is dedicated to our Purpose: to Feed the Human Spirit™ by serving America through food inspiration and uplift and creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: TN||Knoxville|| 1421 E Weisgarber Rd ||37909 || Kroger Logistics||None||Logistics/Supply Chain ||Employee|| Non-Exempt || Full-Time|| Driver's License
- customer service
- human resources
About the company
Kroger, one of the world’s largest retailers, employs more than 339,000 associates who serve customers in 2,425 supermarkets and multi-department stores in 31 states under two dozen local banner names including Kroger, City Market, Dillons, Jay C, Food 4 Less, Fred Meyer, Fry's, King Soopers, QFC, Ralphs and Smith's. The company also operates 789 convenience stores, 337 fine jewelry stores, 1,109 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food processing plants in the U.S. Kroger also operates over 80 “The Little Clinic” retail healthcare sites inside select Kroger, King Sooper and Fry’s stores.
Recognized by Forbes as the most generous company in America, Kroger supports hunger relief, breast cancer awareness, the military and their families, and more than 30,000 schools and grassroots organizations in the communities it serves. Kroger contributes food and funds equal to 160 million meals a year through more than 80 Feeding America food bank partners. For more information please visit Kroger.com.