- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Compensation: $50k - 100k | Equity
Location options: Paid relocation
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Mid-Level, Senior, Lead
Role: Full Stack Developer
Industry: Agile Software Development, Mobile Application, Web Development
Company size: 11–50 people
Company type: Private
Top priority: Solid, dedicated, collaborative team members who are passionate about the work we do -and who are enjoyable to work with (life is too short to work with grumpy people). Eagerness to grow as a programmer and a person - continuously seeking to improve your craft. Second priority: Full-stack experience and expertise.
Required technical skills
- Asynchronous programming/thinking
- CSS (SASS)
Required soft skills
- Good communicator
- Continual learner
- Problem-solving mentality
- Fun/enjoyable to work with
Desirable technical skills
- Front-end framework familiarity (Angular preferred [TypeScript/RXJS])
- Ability to write unit tests (Jasmine)
- Familiarity/experience with Express
- Familiarity/experience with Mongoose
- Linux system administration
- SQL (MySQL)
- PHP + Drupal 8
- Geospatial programming/thinking
Desirable soft skills
- Familiarity with Agile
- Excited about developing for conservation and environmental issues
How we work
- Most of us work in DJ Case HQ in Mishawaka, Indiana, in a “sustainable” office environment in a renovated late-1800s steel foundry (we chose to reuse rather than build new). We have large, vaulted ceilings and big windows. A few of us work from comfy homes in other areas of the Midwest (but we welcome northerners, southerners, east and west coasters alike).
- We like to use “the best tool for the job”, and here’s a sampling of what we use now:
- We communicate with Slack, Google Hangouts, email, phone and sometimes even the face to face.
- We use Beanstalk for version control.
- We are increasingly building decoupled sites using Angular.
- We meet each other in person sometimes to work on big tasks or get started on large projects. (We like each other, so this part is fun).
- We are budgeted and built for stability.
- We offer health insurance and retirement bennies.
- We all have opportunities to shape and evolve our own roles, and the future of DJ Case.
- When we do cool, profitable things together, we pay you a bonus. Unfortunately, there’s no 30-page document describing our bonus system. We just have an abundance mentality.