- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Senior Full Stack Software Engineer
Engineering | Seattle, WA | Groupon Goods
Groupon’s mission is to become the daily habit in local commerce and fulfill our purpose of building strong communities through thriving small businesses by connecting people to a vibrant, global marketplace for local services, experiences, and goods. In the process, we’re positively impacting the lives of millions of customers and merchants globally. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success. If you want to take more ownership of your career, then you're ready to be part of Groupon.
Are you a passionate, energetic and technology enthusiast eager to work at a rapid pace with the flexibility to work across our suite of technologies? Are you are a problem solver; someone who enjoys debugging code, resolving issues, and creating solutions for common problems? Do you get a little obsessed with the details?
We are seeking an experienced Full Stack Engineer to build real-time commerce applications that operate in countries around the world and serve millions of users. You will join a team of innovative product owners and talented engineers. We operate like a startup to quickly build and deliver high-quality services and features to our customers. You will be responsible for making both frontend and backend changes to move the business forward.
- 7+ years of relevant work experience in Full Stack Software Engineering, of which
- 5+ years of web development experience using Express, Django, or other similar web application frameworks
- 4+ years of experience designing and building highly scalable and available RESTful services in Java, Ruby, or other similar languages.
- Expert in one or more front-end frameworks/libraries such as React, Angular, or Backbone.
- Experience working with relational databases (e.g. PostgreSQL and MySQL) and non-relational data storages (e.g. Redis and Memcache).
- Hands-on experience of operating web applications and services and troubleshooting internal and external requests/bug report in a transactional environment.
- Great communication and collaboration skills.
- BS, MS or PhD in Computer Sciences or related fields with 5+ years in software development.
- Experience working with Node.js, React, and Redux.
- Experience working with Dropwizard or similar Java REST Framework.
About the company
Groupon is a global e-commerce marketplace connecting millions of subscribers with local merchants by offering activities, travel, goods and services in more than 45 countries. Groupon was launched in November 2008, and the first market for Groupon was Chicago, followed soon thereafter by Boston, New York City, and Toronto. By October 2010 Groupon served more than 150 markets[clarification needed] in North America and 100 markets in Europe, Asia, and South America, and had 35 million registered users. By the end of March 2015, Groupon served more than 500 markets worldwide, nearly 48.1 million active customers and featured more than 425,000 active deals globally