- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- San Francisco
Software Engineer, Experimentation
A/B tests are the fundamental building block for product decision-making at Airbnb. Our A/B testing platform, the Experiment Reporting Framework, automates experiment setup, assignment, delivery, and analysis, making experimentation easy and fast. Our platform is used by over 60% of all engineers, data scientists, and product managers every week, across every major product area at the company, with more than 1,000 experiments in flight at any given time.
Some of the most recent projects that engineers on the team have worked on:
- An identity service capable of doing cross-device identity matching in order to provide consistent experiment resolution across sessions.
- A rearchitected metrics pipeline that leverages real-time compute engines (Presto and Druid) to provide faster and more customizable experiment results.
- Industry-leading improvements to our statistical methods, reducing running times of many experiments by half and speeding up product iteration.
- An Explorer UI for interactive experiment analysis.
We value engineers who have:
- Required: 6+ years of full-time, relevant industry experience
- A full-stack background, ideally at least two of: Python development, data infrastructure, frontend (Rails/JS), or mobile
- Passion for empowering product development and working with data at petabyte scale
- Love to use open source technologies such as Hive, Presto, Spark, and Druid
- A working knowledge of relational databases and query authoring (SQL)
- Coding abilities and experience with architectural patterns of large, data-intensive applications
- A rigorous approach to code quality, automated testing, and other engineering best practices
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or a related field (ideal)
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter subsidies
- Community involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Much more...