- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Become a better developer by building things that help local businesses around the world thrive
Groupon’s mission is to become the daily habit in local commerce and fulfill our purpose of building strong communities through thriving small businesses by connecting people to a vibrant, global marketplace for local services, experiences and goods. In the process, we’re positively impacting the lives of millions of customers and merchants globally. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success. If you want to take more ownership of your career, then you're ready to be part of Groupon.
Are you a passionate, energetic and technology enthusiast eager to work at a rapid pace with the flexibility to work across our suite of technologies? Are you are a problem solver; someone who enjoys debugging code, resolving issues, and creating solutions for common problems? Do you get a little obsessed with the details?
What’s Health, Beauty, and Wellness All About?
Health, Beauty, and Wellness is about becoming the online marketplace for Health, Beauty, and Wellness experiences. These include Groupon customer favorites such as massages, mani-pedis, and a wide variety of fitness classes from Yoga to Cycling to Muay Thai Kickboxing. Not into any of those? We also have haircuts. I bet you’ve had a haircut before.
Your Role on the Team
- We’re a brand new engineering team. This means greenfield development. We haven’t inherited any projects or services to maintain.
- You will be building projects from the ground up.
- You’ll be responsible for building robust backend services as well as developing beautiful experiences for our customers (Pro tip: Never trust an ugly website for your beauty needs).
- Since you’re joining a new team, you will influence and improve the roadmap definition. If you see an opportunity and we’re not addressing it, let’s look into it!
- Build the team itself! This team is dedicated to working together and helping each other grow. We’re here to build things and make each other better developers in the process.
We’re Excited About You If
- You care about the people you work with. You’re able to provide and receive feedback about performance. Our team cares about improving our teammates and ourselves - you should too.
- You are pragmatic about working with your team to find multiple potential solutions to problems.
- You have 5+ years experience in designing or implementing software systems.
- You have a BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience and a commitment to continual learning.
We Value Engineers Who Are
- Team players: For our team, this is not just a phrase in a job description. We really believe that more can be achieved together. Without each others’ feedback our growth is severely diminished. You listen to feedback and also provide constructive feedback to help others grow and improve.
- Fast learners: We are willing to change how we do things and try new methods and potential solutions. You need to be okay with failing if it means you learn something along the way. You love learning how to use new technologies and applying them to new problems.
- Customer-focused: We believe that doing what’s right for the customer is ultimately what will drive our business forward.
About the company
Groupon is a global e-commerce marketplace connecting millions of subscribers with local merchants by offering activities, travel, goods and services in more than 45 countries. Groupon was launched in November 2008, and the first market for Groupon was Chicago, followed soon thereafter by Boston, New York City, and Toronto. By October 2010 Groupon served more than 150 markets[clarification needed] in North America and 100 markets in Europe, Asia, and South America, and had 35 million registered users. By the end of March 2015, Groupon served more than 500 markets worldwide, nearly 48.1 million active customers and featured more than 425,000 active deals globally