- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- San Francisco
Ubisoft is composed of over 12,000 talented people located in 28 countries across the globe. With around 85% of its staff devoted to game development, Ubisoft has the 2nd largest in-house creative team in the world.
The company’s 27 different creative studios work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on iconic brands including Assassin's Creed®, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon®, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell®, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more.
With an expansive global distribution network, Ubisoft is also a company that stays in close contact with its local fans.
Ubisoft Entertainment, a global leader in the video games and entertainment software industry, is currently seeking a full-time Gameplay Programmer for current products, such as South Park: The Fractured but Whole and Rocksmith, as well as contribute to a new unannounced AAA project. We are looking for a highly talented, motivated and experienced person for this role in our San Francisco studio.
This position will be working on bringing gameplay features to life. You should have a solid background in what makes gameplay fun and how to implement those features in an efficient way. You will work on a small collaboration-oriented team where you will have the opportunity to contribute in meaningful ways.
- Work with the lead engineer to develop gameplay features and systems
- Collaborate with the design team to ensure features match expectations
- Maintain and extend documentation on gameplay-oriented features and systems
- Self-manage programming task schedule updates and coordinate with production team
- Work with design team to ensure that gameplay systems are used properly
- 5+ years of experience in programming/engineering development
- Shipped 2+ published titles as Gameplay Programmer for PS4, PS3, Xbox One, 360, PC, or MacOS
- Bachelor's degree in software engineering, computer science, or equivalent
- Experienced in developing and implementing key gameplay systems
- Strong C/C++ development and optimization skills
- Strong knowledge of scripting languages (Lua, Python, Perl)
- Work well with designers and artists to implement the vision of the game
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong knowledge of performance/memory constraints of game software required
- Experience on the new generation of consoles (PS4, Xbox One)
- Strong debugging skills
- Strong mathematical skills
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
About the company
Ubisoft is a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services, with a rich portfolio of world-renowned brands. The teams throughout Ubisoft's worldwide network of studios and business offices are committed to delivering original and memorable gaming experiences across all popular platforms.