- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
GE Aviation Technical Intern/Coop – GE Aviation – Fall 2020 Aug-Dec
Aviation Human Resources
You will gain broad exposure to varied areas in engineering design and analysis, software engineering, manufacturing, and services as it is related to your field of study. Upon receiving an offer, you’ll be able to provide your preferences as to the area of work in which you’re most interested, and assignment location. Ultimately, you’ll be placed taking your preferences into account while also considering your major, year of schooling, and business needs at the time of placement. Depending on your specific assignment, below are examples of the experiences you’ll have as an intern/coop:
- DESIGN / DEVELOPMENT ENGINEERING: Design and development roles provide experiences in component design, analysis, development and testing, life management, aerodynamics and thermodynamic design, performance, stress analysis, vibration analysis and engine tests. Engine services roles provide the unique experience of working hands-on with the engine components and component repair processes. Materials roles provide opportunities to evaluate and characterize materials and processes for use in the aircraft engines and systems.
- SOFTWARE ENGINEERING: Development of engine controls, navigation & guidance systems, vehicle health & data management systems, mission systems, avionics computing systems, and platform systems Integration. Responsibilities include software requirements, design, analysis and development; software testing, simulation, traceability and documentation; tool development and procedure simplification; and product/program support.
- SUPPLY CHAIN: Innovative initiatives would never see the light of day without a dedicated team to deliver them. Supply Chain organizations combine passionate people, cutting-edge technology, and a culture of continuous improvement to deliver the highest quality products to our customers. Members of our team are part of a fast-paced and dynamic environment and typically have the benefit of getting hands-on experience with our products. Experiences may include: (1) exposure to state of-the-art methods of manufacturing; (2) supporting manufacturing and repair processes for component hardware and/or overall engine assembly; (3) maintaining high quality standards via risk assessment, root cause analysis, corrective action, and the application of statistical controls; (4) ensuring safe work conditions via Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) initiatives; (5) applying Lean and Six Sigma principles to drive productivity, on time delivery, process capability, and stable operations in our increasingly complex and demanding environment; and (6) supporting delivery efforts for sourced components by working with our GE shops and suppliers while building project management skills, negotiation skills, and business acumen.
Help invent the future of flight, lift people up, and bring them home safely as a GE Aviation intern/coop! You’ll build leadership and functional skills in an engineering, software engineering, supply chain, or services role working on challenging, real-world problems and solve for what the world needs. You’ll build relationships with interns/coops and leaders. And you’ll prepare for a potential full-time position after graduation into one of our amazing leadership programs.
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA off a 4.0 scale without rounding
- Degrees accepted (E = accepted for design/development engineering, SE = accepted for software engineering, SC = accepted for supply chain): Aeronautical/Aerospace Engineering (E, SC), Aeronautical Engineering Technology (SC), Aviation Engineering Technology (SC), Ceramic Engineering (E, SC), Chemical Engineering (SC), Civil Engineering (SC), Computer Engineering (SE), Computer Science (SE), Electrical Engineering (E, SC, SE), Electrical Engineering Technology (SC), Environmental Engineering (SC), Fiber/Polymer Science (SC), Industrial Engineering (SC), Manufacturing Engineering (SC), Manufacturing Engineering Technology (SC), Materials Science/Engineering (E, SC), Mechanical Engineering (E, SC), Mechanical Engineering Technology (SC), Engineering Mechanics (E, SC), Software Engineering (SE), Systems Engineering (SC), Supply Chain Management (SC), Operations Management (SC), Other EHS Related (SC), Welding Engineering (E, SC).
- Attending a full time matriculated and nationally accredited baccalaureate or graduate program
- Dependable transportation to and from work as public transportation is not available in many locations
- Willingness and ability to work in any of the 40+ GE Aviation US locations
- Due to access to export-controlled information, you must be one of the following: (1) US Citizen or national; (2) US permanent resident; (3) Person granted refugee status; (4) Person granted asylee status or Beneficiary of legalization through an amnesty program, or (5) other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)).
- An analytical approach to problem solving
- Strong knowledge of computer and Microsoft products
- Willingness and ability to learn from others
- Demonstrated leadership and team player
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- One who strives for academic excellence and shows great initiative
- Ability to be agile as business needs change and shift frequently
- Desire to work in a fast-paced ever-changing environment
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming
About the company
GE is building the world by providing capital, expertise and infrastructure for a global economy. GE Capital has provided billions in financing so businesses can build and grow their operations and consumers can build their financial futures. We build appliances, lighting, power systems and other products that help millions of homes, offices, factories and retail facilities around the world work better.