- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- New York City
Genscape is the source of truth and insight for global energy markets and a pioneer in technological innovation. With the first ever power monitoring sensor capable of measuring real-time flow on power lines, Genscape changed the way the world sees and reacts to energy markets.
Today we aretheleader in real-time data delivery and market intelligence. We operate the world’s largest private network of in-field monitors and distribute industry-leading alternative data, delivering unsurpassed market intelligence across the commodity and energy spectrum including power, oil, natural gas, natural gas liquids, agriculture, biofuels, and maritime freight.Our spirit and culture continue to be the hallmark of what makes working at Genscape great.
Genscape Energy Management (“GEM”) is seeking a talented and drivenanalyst with a strong interest in the power markets looking to develop their career in the energy industry.
You should view this as an opportunity to become a subject matter expert and build a strong base of experience for a wide range of careers in the energy industry, including portfolio management and commodity trading. This role will encompass client interaction and where you will help manage client requests, answer specific questions on content, and explain analytical methods related to the GEM products and services.
Genscape Energy Management is one of the country's premier energy risk management and outsourced trading companies, and if you're interested in joining a growing, fast paced team of Analysts and Portfolio Managers, we'd like to talk to you.
A Day in the life of a Power Analyst at Genscape Energy Management will include the following:
- Management of daily bidding and scheduling processes on behalf of clients.
- Running of pricing requests by which power hedges are procured on behalf of clients.
- Reviewing, discussing, and developing strategies for the management of a client’s forward position.
- Communicating and discussing with client’s all factors that impact their books
- Working with the Product Development Team to assist with the design and release of new products.
- Quality assurance and report generation focused on variances between market valuation sources and GEM proprietary data.
- Managing end to end invoice dispute resolution with the aim of getting to the bottom of inexplicable changes or discrepancies that impact our clients’ bottom line.
- Improving current processes by automating critical tasks using technology (visual basic, python, etc) or coordinating with the GEM engineering team to develop new applications to improve workflow.
- Providing general support for Portfolio Managers and clients in their daily process via phone, IM, and email.
Over your first 30 days in this position, you know you’re successful if you:
- Have gained a strong fundamental understanding of the workflow associated with transacting in the energy markets.
- Have established yourself as a key resource for market updates in various energy markets.
- Have taken ownership over a number of analytical reports and processes.
- Are able to assist with quality assurance analyses.
To land this position:
- You should have a Bachelor’s degree in math, economics, business, engineering, computer science, or related work experience.
- You should be highly dependable, team oriented, and pride yourself on a strong work ethic.
- You should have a strong personal intellectual interest in both power markets and the power industry ecosystem as a whole.
- You must be comfortable solving problems of a quantitative nature on the go, often working in Excel to demonstrate, validate, and deliver results.
- You will need to be fully proficient in MS Excel.
- You must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- You should be organized and comfortable multi-tasking in a time-sensitive, often high-pressure environment.
- You consider yourself to be a reliable and effective problem solver with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- It would be great if you have experience with any programming language, personally or professionally.
This job might be for you if:
- You are obsessed with detail and data quality.
- You have an interest in research and market analysis.
- You are an excellent communicator, both with clients and with your team.
- Also, if you are comfortable handling a fluid and demanding work environment, which often coincides with a startup environment, than this will be a great position for you.
- As a team, we value creativity and a strong work ethic. You must have the ability to work well in a team, as well as autonomously.
- visual basic
About the company
Fast-forward 20 years and we are the pioneer in real-time data delivery and market intelligence. We were on the forefront of some of the most important technology changes in the past few decades, including Internet of Things, Big Data, and Machine Learning, long before it was in vogue.
Today, we operate the world’s largest private network of in-field monitors and distribute industry-leading alternative data, delivering unsurpassed market intelligence across the commodity and energy spectrum including power, oil, natural gas, natural gas liquids, agriculture, biofuels, and maritime freight