- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Company Name:Pace Dairy - Rochester
Pace Dairy Foods, a proud member of the nation-wide Kroger Family of Companies, is a premiere manufacturer of natural and process cheese products. At Pace Dairy, we uniquely offer the resources and benefits of a Fortune 500 company while maintaining a hometown atmosphere centered around teamwork, support, and development.
What We Offer
Starting wage of $18.50 per hour with shift differentials of $1.00 for 3rd shift and $.30 for 2nd shift
Plant incentive plan with annual payout
Competitive vacation package
7 paid Holidays and your birthday off each year
Full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k and life insurance
Nation-wide discounts for travel, entertainment, cell phones, and much more
Consistent hours and schedule
Winner of the Minnesota Governor’s “Outstanding Achievement Award” for safety performance in 2018
Recognized as one of the Best Places to Work in Southeast Minnesota for the past 7 years
Recipient of Kroger’s Manufacturing Excellence Award for consecutive years
Responsible for effectively performing a variety of positions throughout the facility in a safe, effective, and accurate manner while following procedures and processes, and maintaining and improving the performance of the entire plant in the areas of Safety, Quality, Reliability (SQR) and our Customer 1st strategy. Provide leadership that embodies our 7 Kroger Manufacturing High Performance Work System principles. Demonstrate the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Clean all equipment properly and timely to ensure safe quality products
- Operate all clean in place (CIP) and clean out of place (COP) systems as necessary
- Clean machinery, facility structures such as racking, windows, walls and exterior of plant
- Ensure all chemicals, buckets and pumps are properly tagged according to safety requirements
- Complete routine paperwork and data entry
- Assist machine operators in gathering production supplies, packaging materials and loading equipment, including dumping boxes and lifting stacks of cardboard
- Assist in hand-packing and hand-stacking product/cases onto pallets
- Safely operate cardboard baler, bottle bagger/de-bagger and other equipment
- Empty and dispose of outdated product in accordance with established guidelines
- Must be able to work around ingredients and/or finished products known to contain food allergens
- Follow established programs, policies and practices to produce safe quality foods that meet regulatory and company requirements
- Accountable to the Kroger Manufacturing Food Safety and Quality Principles
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation
Minimum Position Qualifications/Education:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High School diploma or GED
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Ability to meet deadlines with limited supervision
- Effective oral/written communication skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Flexible to work any shift as needed
Desired Previous Job Experience:
- 3 years manufacturing experience
Education Level:High School Diploma/ GED Required
Jobs at Kroger Manufacturing:Through quality products, strong individual commitments and team spirit, Kroger has been established as a leader in the manufacturing industry. Kroger Manufacturing provides career development programs aligned with aspirations in Engineering, Process Management, Information Systems, Quality Assurance, Operations Management, Human Resources, Finance and Procurement. Our work force programs provide technically challenging rotations with cross-functional teams, plants and locations to allow our Associates to learn from some of the brightest minds in the business. Experience and training combined with mentoring and guidance from plant sponsors prepare our Associates with the skills and leadership behaviors needed to achieve a successful career at Kroger.
Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve customers in 2,782 retail food stores under a variety of local banner names in 35 states. Our Family of Companies also operates 2,268 pharmacies, 274 fine jewelry stores, 1,489 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food production plants in the United States. Kroger is dedicated to our Purpose: to Feed the Human Spirit™ by serving America through food inspiration and uplift and creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: MN||Rochester|| 2700 Valley High Dr. ||55901 || Pace Dairy - Rochester||None||Manufacturing ||Employee|| Non-Exempt || Full-Time|| None
About the company
Kroger, one of the world’s largest retailers, employs more than 339,000 associates who serve customers in 2,425 supermarkets and multi-department stores in 31 states under two dozen local banner names including Kroger, City Market, Dillons, Jay C, Food 4 Less, Fred Meyer, Fry's, King Soopers, QFC, Ralphs and Smith's. The company also operates 789 convenience stores, 337 fine jewelry stores, 1,109 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food processing plants in the U.S. Kroger also operates over 80 “The Little Clinic” retail healthcare sites inside select Kroger, King Sooper and Fry’s stores.
Recognized by Forbes as the most generous company in America, Kroger supports hunger relief, breast cancer awareness, the military and their families, and more than 30,000 schools and grassroots organizations in the communities it serves. Kroger contributes food and funds equal to 160 million meals a year through more than 80 Feeding America food bank partners. For more information please visit Kroger.com.