- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
This labor-intensive position is responsible for loading transport, bulk, and route trucks. Each type of loading requires strict attention to order accuracy with respect to loading outgoing trucks and unloading incoming trucks. Works from order sheets to build loads using a forklift and/or electronic pallet jack. Position is responsible for accuracy in loading and complying with shipper/receiver documentation. Follows warehouse instructions in building loads. Maintains a clean and safe work environment. Position may be required to work across a wide variety of weather conditions.
Transport truck loading involves moving full pallets of products from the warehouse onto a trailer and removing any returned pallets/plastic flats. Responsible for unloading raw materials and placing them in designated warehouse space.
Bulk truck loading involves selecting designated packages and flavors of products from the warehouse and loading them onto a pallet. Position is responsible for maintaining the stability of the pallet through proper stacking and shrink-wrapping. In most cases, pallets are loaded onto a trailer for local delivery. Position is responsible for unloading returned products and pallets/plastic flats.
Conventional truck loading involves selecting designated packages and flavors of products from the warehouse and loading them into the bays of a route truck. Product/packages for each truck are customized based on the salespersons order. Position is responsible for unloading returned products and pallets/plastic flats.
Position requires lifting a very high volume of cases of product per day from 20-45 pounds per case repeatedly during a long work period. Requires constant standing, walking, bending, twisting, squatting reaching and grasping as product is moved.
PRIMARY JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Jockey trailers under direction of Delivery supervisor or Unit General Manager
- Load trucks as needed and all other duties as assigned
- Prepare for day: Complete VCR for powered industrial equipment, Organize and clean work area
- Onsite trailer jockey: Move trailers from lot to dock doors and back to lot as needed, Install/Remove Trailer Stands as necessary
- Trailer loading: Review BOL for product to be loaded, Complete final certification for all outbound loads
- Complete load: Wrap pallets when complete, Process paper work in NIS (National Inventory System) or hand to supervisor, Stage pallet and/or load into truck when ready
- Check In/Check Out Responsibilities: Manage dock doors to decrease delay
- Clean up: Maintain proper housekeeping standards in work area, Manage Rotation to minimize OOD product/supplies
- Participate in Period Close when required, including weekend coverage during period close
- Provide back-up support for UGM/Del Sups
- Assist UGM in identifying priorities and coordinating resources, including warehouse processes and any concerns
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Regular, reliable, predictable attendance
About the company