- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- CRYSTAL CITY, ARLINGTON, VA, UNITED STATES
A General Manager is responsible for managing daily hotel operations and providing overall leadership in the hotel''s continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.
Property at a glance:
Discover the modern look of our all-suite Embassy Suites by Hilton Crystal City National Airport hotel. Our hotel islocated within easy walking distance of the Pentagon, top attractions, shopping and restaurants. Ride the Metro subway system, located only three blocks away, to the National Mall area to visit Smithsonian Museums, the White House, the U.S. Capitol and national monuments. Let our complimentary DCA airport, Pentagon City Metro and Crystal City-area shuttle make navigating easier. Accessible shuttle service is available upon request with reservations.This all-suite Arlington, VA hotel is within walking distance of The Fashion Centre at Pentagon City Mall and Crystal City Shops.
Enjoy a complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast. Relax at our complimentary Evening Reception*, with a variety of beverages and snacks.Work outat our 24-hour fitness center, or take a dip in the refreshing indoor pool and spa.
Unwind in your spacious one- or two-bedroom suite with a separate living room, wet bar with a mini-refrigerator and microwave, and WiFi (for a fee). Email colleagues from your dining and work table. Accessible rooms are available at our Arlington, VA hotel in Crystal City.
Plan your business meeting or event at Embassy Suites Crystal City - National Airport. Utilize 5,000 sq. ft. of modern meeting space and the services of our catering staff. In addition to our 24-hour BusinessLink™ Business Center, take advantage of A/V equipment rental and high-tech amenities.
- Complimentary shuttle to DCA airport, Pentagon City Metro (Blue and Yellow Lines), Crystal City; accessible shuttle serviceavailable upon request with advanced reservations
- Free cooked-to-order breakfast and drinks and snacks at our Evening Reception*
- Arlington, VA hotel suiteswith living rooms with sofa beds, mini-refrigerators and microwaves
- Easy walking distance to Pentagon, D.C. metro stop, Pentagon City Mall, restaurants and shopping
- 5,000 sq. ft. of updated Arlington, VA meeting space for smaller meetings and events near D.C.
What will I be doing?
As the General Manager, you would be responsible for managing daily hotel operations and providing overall leadership in the hotel''s continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Lead, direct and manage all hotel operations including, but not limited to hotel budgeting and forecasting, strategic planning, leading service initiatives, leading and managing balanced scorecard performance, implementing and complying with all company policies and standards, overseeing sales and marketing initiatives, leading and developing the executive team, responding to guests inquiries and resolving concerns and hotel-wide meeting participation and facilitation
- Ensure guest and team member satisfaction
- Monitor and develop team member performance, particularly the executive team and department heads, to include, but not limited to, providing supervision and professional development, scheduling, conducting counseling and evaluations and delivering recognition and reward
- Recruit, interview and train team members
- Oversee service quality, operational efficiency, guest satisfaction, standards compliance and service and financial measurements
- Identify operational performance, productivity and efficiency gaps and implement measures to correct those deficiencies
- Serve as primary liaison with hotel owners and corporate entities
What are we looking for?
- 2years of general manager, hotel manager, resident manager, assistant general manager or equivalent experience
- Experience managing revenues of $10Mat a property of 100guest rooms
- Hilton brand experience
- Local market experience
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We''re passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We''re leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We''re team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We''re the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!