- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $12.77 - $21.38 gross per hour
- Grand County
Would you enjoy hosting the public and working in on the most popular outdoor recreational areas in Utah? If so, we may have the job for you! Dead Horse Point State Park is recruiting for a Gift Shop Manager to oversee gift shop operations and to assist park management with providing over 1 million visitor per year with the adventure of a lifetime as they visit the park from around the world. The Gift Shop Manager works four 10 hour shifts each week and a state vehicle is generally available for commuting to the park and back to Moab. Park housing is not available for this position.
- Oversee the overall operation of the gift shop
- Develop and implement fiscal and inventory control measures
- Responsible for researching, ordering, obtaining, tagging, and stocking of relevant inventory items
- Supervise subordinate personnel including: hiring, training, delegating assignments, monitoring and correcting performance, etc.
- Work in the gift shop, help customers find products, stock shelves, inventory, order supplies, and ensure efficient operations
- Work with vendors and ensure timely invoice payments and accurate budget tracking
- Perform light maintenance and janitorial responsibilities throughout the park and other duties as assigned.
The Ideal Candidate
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Ability to work with little or no supervision
- Experience working in a fast paced retail environment interacting with customers and operating a point of sale system
- Willing to work weekends and holidays
- Ability to track and stay within an established budget to grow the business and meet the customers needs
- Excellent customer service skills as well as interpersonal skills.
Why You Should Join Our Team
Dead Horse Point State Park is a very enjoyable place to work because our staff works extremely well together, the visitors love our park, and the views are phenomenal. The Gift Shop Manager only worked four days per week so they have three days off per week to enjoy all that Moab has to offer. This is a very good opportunity to get your foot in the door with Utah State Parks so you are eligible and prepared for future career opportunities. The State of Utah offers a generous benefit package. To view the benefits offered, click here.
To learn more about the Division of Parks and Recreation, click here.
(includes knowledge, skills, and abilities required upon entry into position and trainable after entry into position)
- Experience with:
- retail sales
- accounts payable
- cash handling
- operating a point of sale system
- working with vendors
- providing excellent customer service
- supervising subordinate staff and delegating assignments
- communicating with management.
- excellent time management skills
- be able to proficiently operate a computer
- will be detail oriented
- Risks found in the typical office setting, which is adequately lighted, heated and ventilated, e.g., safe use of office equipment, avoiding trips and falls, observing fire regulations, etc.
- Work requires physical exertion. May require the ability to stand; walk over rough surfaces; bend, crouch, stoop, stretch, reach, lift moderately heavy items (up to 50 lbs.) in a recurring manner and/or for long periods of time.
- Attend Agency provided Emergency First Responder/CPR/AED certification (or equivalent)
- Take required State of Utah training including, but not limited to:
- Defensive Driving
- Security Awareness
- PCI Security Awareness
- Sexual Harassment and Abusive Conduct Prevention
- Candidate must pass a criminal background check
- Candidate must maintain a current driver license
- Housing is not available for this position at the park
- A state vehicle is generally available for commuting to the park and back to the Regional Office in Moab
- This position works 4/10 hour shifts including weekends and holidays
- customer service