- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- New York City
Google Data Centers (GDC) makes up a large computing infrastructure. As GDC plans for growth, it has built an excellent Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) program to scale compliance and safety standards for construction, commissioning, deployment, and operations of data centers. As the Global Manager of Assurance, you will be responsible for ensuring the EHS Audit and Assurance program is effectively implement, globally relevant and providing key information and learning for the organization.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Bachelor's degree in Science, Engineering, related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 15 years of experience within the EHS field.
- Experience with EHS management systems and the assurance programs associated with them.
- Knowledge of the application of EHS legislation globally.
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills.
- Understand risks and opportunity to ensure the global assurance program encompasses all aspects (i.e., Environmental, Health and Safety risks across our operations and construction activity, energy/water efficiency).
- Develop strategy and set functional policy and direction. Act as a functional manager and engage relevant stakeholders on intelligence to enable informed decision making.
- Identify and lead teams of auditors to deliver the assurance program. Identifying the required resources and oversee global certification programs, evaluating the business value of current and future international certification program.
- Unique mastery and recognized authority on relevant subject matter knowledge including technologies, theories, and techniques. Contributes to the development of innovative principles and ideas.
- Provide mentoring and guidance to team members and demonstrate independent judgment in developing methods, techniques, and criteria for achieving objectives.
About the company
Google is not a conventional company, and we don't intend to become one. True, we share attributes with the world's most successful organizations - a focus on innovation and smart business practices comes to mind - but even as we continue to grow, we're committed to retaining a small-company feel. At Google, we know that every employee has something important to say, and that every employee is integral to our success.
We provide individually-tailored compensation packages that can be comprised of competitive salary, bonus, and equity components, along with the opportunity to earn further financial bonuses and rewards. Googlers thrive in small, focused teams and high-energy environments, believe in the ability of technology to change the world, and are as passionate