- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
76807 University 9/4/2019 Morrisville, North Carolina, United States
At Lenovo, we are community of innovative thinkers, risk-takers, and people who challenge the status quo. We are one of Interbrand’s 100 BEST global brands, BCG's 50 most innovative companies, and #212 in the Fortune 500 list. We are looking for passionate and driven people who are willing to learn and want to make an impact in a fast-paced global technology environment. Help us define our world of tomorrow.
Lenovo is seeking Finance & Accounting graduates to fill positions in our Global Finance Talent Program (GFTP) in various office locations around the world. GFTP is an accelerated career development program that recruits top university graduates who have both a passion for technology and a strong aptitude for finance. Consisting of two 12-month rotations in key Finance positions at Lenovo, GFTP affords new graduates the opportunity to develop their professional finance skills and business acumen while gaining valuable work experience. In this program you will learn how to operate in a multi- cultural Fortune 500 company, and make important contributions to Lenovo’s global business.
GFTP is one of the most powerful ways that Lenovo is building its global Finance talent pipeline. We are seeking motivated, talented, and ambitious individuals who want to change the world with innovative technology and build a long-term career at Lenovo. This role will be located at the Lenovo/Motorola Corporate Office in Raleigh, NC.
This is a full-time, permanent position with a dedicated, two-year development program which includes:
▪ A comprehensive on-boarding and training plan focused on strengthening core financial and accounting skills in the fast-paced, competitive world of technology
▪ Two 12-month rotations as a Financial Analyst in key Finance functions (e.g. Accounting, Group Control, Internal Audit, Business Group Finance, GEO Finance, etc.) to establish a strong foundation of corporate accounting and finance knowledge
▪ Work with a variety of businesses including PCs, mobile phones, servers, and cloud products, to provide you with a deep understanding of a variety of customers in both commercial and consumer segments
▪ Complete a group project using insight gained from your first job rotation and apply to your second rotation to make an impactful change to Lenovo
▪ Interactive job shadowing and assignment of peer and career mentors
▪ Engagement with key members of the Finance executive leadership team
▪ Ongoing exposure and training on Lenovo’s business strategy, Lenovo culture, key business initiatives, and innovative products and services
▪ Understanding of basic financial and accounting concepts and the ability to execute on profitability analysis, budget and forecast analysis, expense mgmt, cost mgmt, and basic tax, treasury, and accounting processes
▪ Upon completion of GFTP, participants must be prepared to assume key positions within the Finance organization globally
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance, accounting, or related
- 1+ years of corporate working experience (can be through internships) in the areas of analytics, statistics, accounting or finance
- Willingness to work and provide support to stakeholders based in different countries and time zones, which may require some work outside of standard business hours
- Willingness to complete one year rotations in both Chicago, IL and Raleigh, NC
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Capabilities in managing systems, data mining, PowerPoint presentations, etc.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage a demanding workload involving multiple tasks, responsibilities and deadlines
- Proactive team player with flexibility and attention to detail; ability to work independently and effectively with little oversight or management
- Strong desire to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with high-energy and mission-driven colleagues
- Critical and strategic thinker with the ability to solve complex problems and present innovative solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills; strong executive presence
- Ability to build relationships and negotiate
- Excellent data analysis, reporting and project management skills
- Ability to read between the lines and intuitively anticipate the needs and priorities of the organization
When you join our team, we will provide the opportunity to make an impact and grow your career in a global technology company. Some of the benefits of working at Lenovo include a flexible vacation policy, competitive health, dental and vision coverage, 401K match, various onsite amenities such as fitness and wellness centers, banking, onsite eateries, and much more. Check out our benefits website to learn more! https://www.lenovobenefits.com/
Aren’t ready to apply or have additional questions? Feel free to connect with us on LinkedIn or reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the company
Motorola, Inc. was a multinational telecommunications company based in Schaumburg, Illinois, United States (U.S.). After having lost $4.3 billion from 2007 to 2009, the company was divided into two independent public companies, Motorola Mobility and Motorola Solutions on January 4, 2011. Motorola Solutions is generally considered to be the direct successor to Motorola, Inc., as the reorganization was structured with Motorola Mobility being spun off.