- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
JOB DESCRIPTION:This position will be working with clinical support product providing level 3 field support globally, including training, remote support, and onsite support. Liaison between Area field service organization, and internal functions such as manufacturing, quality, R&D, etc. Executing service strategy and documentation for both customer and employee support. Provides SME support for cross functional teams and take ownership of all assigned service deliverable's. Mentors Associate Global Support Specialists.
- Level 3 Field Support:
- Provides phone or email coverage and documentation.
- Identifies and provide root cause analysis for informatics product. This includes the use of the service tools, manuals and log analysis, as appropriate.
- Develop action plans for account resolutions.
- Performs technical responsibilities of local service personnel, such as performing repairs, TSBs, and installs.
- Performs data gathering and monitoring of service goals.
- Training: Trains students (internal or external) in either classroom or field setting.
- Field co-travels to receive On the Job (OJT) training.
- Follows processes and procedures related to instrumentation and how to properly interact with customers.
- Critically evaluates student performance and provides feedback to management team.
- Trains/mentors new trainers.
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) for technical content development and review.
- Service Documentation:
- Redlines and/or develops service/ quality documents with assistance by senior professional.
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) for cross functional site documents.
- Performs service documentation approval process while forming relationships with the appropriate areas.
- Product Support:
- Represents Global Service at cross functional meetings.
- Manage deliverables assigned, which includes due dates, resources and time needed, etc, as a member of a project team.
- Drives service deliverables by working closely with planning, quality, engineering, etc.
- Service Strategy
- Identify, develop, and implement new service tools, parts, and procedures to reduce service costs globally.
- This includes providing input on retrofit budget strategy and Top-10 issue tracking.
- Lead cross functional teams (TPD, manufacturing, local service, etc.) to resolve Informatics issues quickly and effectively.
- Works with field and planners on part stocking recommendation.
- Mentors Associates on Global Service roles and responsibilities.
- Works with ADD Service Representatives worldwide to ensure timely issue escalation/resolution.
- Ensures compliant, technically accurate service documentation.
- Works closely with R&D, TPD, and Marketing to implement service strategy on existing and new products.
Minimum: Associates Degree or equivalent certification in Science, Engineering, Allied Health or scientific or engineering related field Preferred: BS Degree in Science, Engineering, Allied Health or related field
Minimum 4 years of work experience in clinical laboratory, biomedical engineering, diagnostic medical equipment servicing, or related service or laboratory field.
Preferred Experience: Informatics, Business Analytics, Laboratory workflow, Information Technologies, LIS Integration Engine (Cloverleaf, Mirth, Qvera)
Knowledge of HIS/LIS/LIMS, laboratory operations and communication protocols (ASTM and HL7) is a plus
JOB FAMILY:Field Services
LOCATION:United States Irving : LC-02
TRAVEL:Yes, 25 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf
About the company
At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and www.facebook.com/AbbottCareers, on Instagram @AbbottGlobal, and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
We invite you to explore opportunities at Abbott, to see if your talents and career aspirations may fit with our openings. An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.