- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Lake Forest
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
JOB DESCRIPTION:The Senior Product Manager is the core marketing owner and driver of the success for their designated products. This is a general management role that will be responsible for Marketing strategy development and oversight while contributing to and influencing all facets of Sales and Marketing including: Forecasting, Financial and Marketing Plan development, Sales Materials and Training, Pricing, Materials Management, Business Development, and New Product Development and Introduction.
The Senior Product Manager will provide on-going support of new product development including customer requirements definition, product concept validation, financial analysis, and securing Business Unit commitment through market launch.
- Maintain worldwide market expertise for products and franchises, including in-depth knowledge of competitor products and strategies, market trends and dynamics, market/franchise critical success factors, and customer needs.
- Develop strategies to address product performance issues.
- Develop and update annual marketing plans/strategies including market analysis, customer segmentation and targeting, product positioning, competitive assessments and SWOT or other situation assessment.
- Assess new markets and opportunities in support of BD and R&D.
- In support of new product launches, develop preliminary worldwide marketing plans and launch strategies.
- Create and develop strategies for new product commercialization.
- Support launch readiness by developing product inventory timing, marketing programs, and working with communications manager to develop promotional collateral.
- Take a leadership role on project teams to work closely with the project manager to drive accountability and team achievement of goals and milestones.
- Manage creative agencies to plan, develop, and execute new materials.
- Partner with regulatory colleagues in the review and negotiation of materials to ensure competitiveness, accuracy, and compliance.
- Work closely with New Product project teams and particularly Decision Resource Group to develop detailed forecasting models that align with LRP expectations and are integrated across product lines.
- Forecasts will support corporate annual R&D development program funding requests.
- Develop PLAN & Update forecasts and justification for respective product lines worldwide and present to BU senior management.
- Work with clinical team to develop and drive strategic publication initiatives supporting new product launches.
The Senior Product Manager will report to the Global Marketing Manager and will have primary marketing and budget responsibility for designated products.
In this core Marketing role, the SPM will drive and be held accountable to deliver Sales, Margin, and Performance Excellence goals for designated products.
The Senior Product Manager will be expected to be responsive and able to directly address questions and requests of senior management.
Success will be measured against sales and margin expectations, sales force competency/knowledge level and market image.
Education: B.S. MedTech or Life Sciences undergrad. MBA or relevant Masters required.
Experience: 5+ years of relevant work experience with 2+ years of marketing is mandatory. IVD experience, in Clinical Chemistry or laboratory highly preferred.
Marketing experience should include one or more of the following:
Healthcare product launch, new product development, market assessment, voice of customer research, sales tools/messaging and/or future trend analysis (payer, gov’t policy, clinical practice, etc.)
Global Experience is desirable.
Desired Industries: Diagnostics, Hospital Laboratories, MNC Healthcare company (eg pharma, med device), Major Hospital or Payor Network.
Candidate must have demonstrated career trajectory, industry agility, global aptitude and have examples of project management ownership & discipline. Has demonstrated leadership ability to influence without authority & collaborate with other functions, such as R&D and Sales.
JOB FAMILY:Product Management
LOCATION:United States Lake Forest : CP01 Floor-5
TRAVEL:Yes, 25 % of the Time
MEDICAL SURVEILLANCE:Not Applicable
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
About the company
At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and www.facebook.com/AbbottCareers, on Instagram @AbbottGlobal, and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
We invite you to explore opportunities at Abbott, to see if your talents and career aspirations may fit with our openings. An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.