- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
The Global Technical Alliance Manager, Data Management is responsible for global strategic enablement and acts as technical advisor for the Data Management Growth Initiative.
- Ensuring partner enablement and execution plans are in place to support key SAS platform technologies aligned to SAS’ key Strategic Growth Initiatives.
- Driving SAS and Partner revenue growth by enabling partners to position, sell and implement SAS products and services.
- Leading collaboration efforts with partner and partner facing personnel such as Alliance Managers, PSD, and Partner Pre-sales team to understand partner business models and market opportunities and developing supporting enablement plans.
- Developing and conducting product demos, holding webinars, lectures, workshops, etc. that highlight the newest SAS technology aligned to the Strategic Growth Initiative(s).
- Work to develop data management enablers and integrations with other Strategic Growth Initiatives and SAS Solutions that highlight end to end data through analytics benefits.
- Ability to conceptualize client needs and translating them into specific implementation strategies
- Working with Partner Centers of Excellence to support software and technology needs that develop and promote the Strategic Growth Initiative(s).
- Developing and maintaining key relationships with cross functional teams at SAS including Product Management, Product Marketing, Education, Professional Services/Consulting, Global Technology Practice, and Partner Marketing in support of strategic enablement strategy and plans.
- Developing scalable and reusable assets.
What we’re looking for
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in sales, marketing, business partner relationship development, or technical functions with partners in the software industry including related products and services
- Alliance, Sales, or Professional Services management knowledge and experience within the software industry
- Ability to influence and lead cross-functional teams while maintaining governance to avoid escalations and exposure
- Experience in crafting and delivering proposals and/or messaging to a wide variety of audiences, including senior management
- Proven ability to develop and secure relationships at all levels within a client or partner organization
- Work Location: Cary, NC
- Ability to travel 10% of the time or as business needs require
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong & practical experience with SAS technology – data management, analytics and visualization
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Problem Solving: Have wide-ranging experience, uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways
- Pre-sales experience
- Familiarity with data access, data integration, data governance, and data quality technologies
- Familiarity with Hadoop and other Big Data infrastructures
- Knowledge of at least one programming language such as Java
- Knowledge of Software as a Service integration technologies
- Familiarity with Cloud platforms such as AWS, Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud
- Experience using web services and JSON
- Experience with SQL query development
We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with life at SAS, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn
About the company
SAS helps you make sense of the message. As the leader in business analytics software and services, SAS transforms your data into insights that give you a fresh perspective on your business. You can identify what’s working. Fix what isn’t. And discover new opportunities.